What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got frogs

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have not kept any frogs or toads in a long time.
I do not have the room to set up a 10 gallon tank for Poison Arrow frogs like I'd really want, I had to settle for Dwarf Clawed Frogs.

This picture shows there new home on the right. It's bigger then the typical Betta bowl, I'm guessing 2 to 2.5 gallons.
If I can keep my one cat from chewing on the leaves of the Spider Plant on top, it should look very neat when the roots start to grow into the water below and the plant gets bigger.
If the cat does not stop, I've decided that I will try some type of CP in there.
bettasize.jpg

And here's the frogs.
DCF2.jpg

DCF.jpg

My experience (with cat & spider plant) says the cat will never stop as long as it lives. Which will be a long time. Will froggies get enough oxygen in there?

(They breath from the surface.)

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Dec. 27 2005,8:16)]My experience (with cat & spider plant) says the cat will never stop as long as it lives. Which will be a long time. Will froggies get enough oxygen in there?
As stated already, the frogs swim to the surface and gulp air.

I only have the problem with 1 of my 4 cats. I got a product called Bitter Apple which I'm trying. Seems to be working so far, as she has not chewed any leaves since I started using it. Also I started some cat grass which I will place in a spot for the cats, to help get their attention from the Spider Plant.

Neat little set up. What do the frogs eat?

OMG, I'm so doing that! I miss my aquarium frogs so much; I had to leave them at home when I moved away to college. I love their little chirping song! Great idea!
~Joe

Glad I could help Joe.
smile_m_32.gif

This is my first time keeping these frogs.
I have heard my male singing a few times now. I have also seen the male getting frisky with the female. I might end up with eggs soon.

lol are those urics at the top?
biggrin.gif

Sure is, U. gibba.

its like a whole ecosystem in there.

Back