Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPs with animals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what something likes and what something tolerates are two separate things.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I believe some CP vendor has sucessfully raised Dart Frog Tadpoles in large Nep pitchers before. I would think they would partially digest the tadpole but I guess they didn't.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have crocs in Connecticut you have bigger problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I believe some CP vendor has sucessfully raised Dart Frog Tadpoles in large Nep pitchers before. I would think they would partially digest the tadpole but I guess they didn't.
    Seen it on a documentary...posed no problem to either but depends on sp. of each i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very possible. dont tadpoles have a mucus layer on the outside?? the acid in neps is very mild. our stomach is lined with mucus so think the same way!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are thinking of a terrarium supply company. I dont think i can put the name due to board rules ( ??). But yes, they have had multiple clutches spawn in nepenthes pitchers. I myself, will be putting nepenthes in my large vivarium with my frogs. If i notice the pitchers getting to big or forsee any problems then ill intervene pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12