Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPs with animals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic is debated quite a lot. I keep CPs in my animal tanks with no problem. Is there anyone else here who also does this? I want to talk with someone with experience doing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had an N. bellii growing in my pinktoe tarantula's terrarium for 6 months now without any problems for either.

But I wouldn't try to keep the tarantula with a nepenthes that produced very large pitchers, or with sundews that she'd probably shed spider-fur all over and get tangled in. It can be done, you just have to be concious of what you're combining, being sure that both can live in the same temperature/humidity requirements and that one won't damage the other.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The forum member named Yuri Wildcat has done a lot of research on the concept of a vivarium and may have some insight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i keep terrestrial Utrics in with my dart frogs and Mantellas, i would also consider using Pings in certain areas. i stay away from Neps, dews and VFT's though with the neps its a personal call, some have done it succesfully but i dont want to risk a $25 plant eating a couple $50 frogs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. I have a frog in with my sundew and butterwort, and they pose no problem. Hell, even the little crickets excape without a struggle! They are just too big. With the pitcher plants, I imagine that anything big enough to stretch taller than the size of the pitcher would be easily fine. What sort of creatures do you intend to put in with the plants?
    Jenna Armstrong,
    Co-Leader of Ethereal Exotics.
    Animal Breeding -
    Bengal House Cats, and soon Ball Pythons, Chinchillas, Giant Geckos, and Flying Geckos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap. First I put Droseras in my ant farm and soon there were no more ants. So I decided I better keep the Drosera with larger animals, but the cattle ate them. Hmmm ... maybe if I move the cattle in with the crocodiles I can safely keep CPs in the pasture. This food chain stuff is so difficult.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce -

You missed the most important part of the food chain: Feed the humans to the crocs! That would help put all the rest back into balance...

All kidding aside, larger native treefrogs (Green treefrogs, Gray treefrogs, etc.) do very well, even with larger Nepenthes. I find them all the time on my big Neps in the greenhouse, and I'm sure they would do fine in a terrarium with a smaller one.

Mike
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what abou

What about their feces?Carnivorous plants like nutrient free soil.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast