What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need advice really bad!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Mar. 30 2006,8:14)]O2 is already on the plane?
You may be more used to seeing it written with the "2" at the bottom of the "O" instead of on the same line with it. It's read as "oh two" and is also called Oxygen.

Should have put this in my previous reply but I was getting sleepy and the call of the pillow was pretty strong
smile_m_32.gif

Trapper...and Rattler_mt -

The most common heat packs used to ship tropical fish and reptiles in the winter are made by a company caled Grabber Mycoal. The packs look like a cloth sack filled with dry dirt, and are packages in a sealed plastic bag. Once the bag is opened, the 'dirt' is exposed to air, and a chemical reaction causes it to heat up. These are used to ship fish and reptiles all over the U.S., and will do the job for you. Take a look at these:

http://www.drugstore.com/product....tab=0#0

I suggest an inner container with your chameleon in it, filled with loosely fitting wadded paper towels. This goes inside a styrofoam box, with padding material of your choice inside...and the heat pack, of course. Then the Styrofoam box goes inside a cardboard shipping box.

Delta will also do live animals, but I believe you have to be a known shipper to ship with them. This may be different if you are going to be on the same flight, though...

Good luck!

Regards,

Mike

Back