Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need advice really bad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Canada, but as soon as possible I will be moving to Florida. I want to bring my Chameleon with me. I called the airline yesterday and asked how I could take my Cham with me on the plane and they laughed at me, literally! I can't take her on the plane. Only dogs, cats and some birds are allowed on a plane. So my question is, how can I get my Cham to Florida SAFELY?? She needs to have her cage sprayed daily and if I put her on a truck, it will take a week or more to get her to Florida, and she obviously won't get her water. Not to mention proper lighting! How can I get her to Florida?? Please help me! I don't want to leave her behind I'm going to get intouch with FedEx, but I still don't think they'll be able to deliver her in a day! I don't want to stress her out cause I know how sensative they are. I can't drive to Florida and take her with me, so that is no option at all. I really need help here. Is there ANY WAY I can get her to Florida safely? Please help us. Thanks.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Ok, I just called FedEx and they don't ship live animals. They told me to try Air Canada, cause that's the only people she knows that would do that. At least it would be by plane. I still need advice though.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother and I (sometimes) work for a moving company here in Milwaukee Wisonsin. They sometimes do out of state moves. They would come up to you take the chameleon and drive it down to Flordia. Now the question is how much do you want to pay for this? It's 88.00 an hour from the time we leave the warehouse so you're looking at a couple thousand dollers. If you want to do it then let me know and I'll find out if it's possible. Try UPS, they ship live animals. You could always smuggle it on the plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ Mar. 28 2006,12:23)]My brother and I (sometimes) work for a moving company here in Milwaukee Wisonsin. They sometimes do out of state moves. They would come up to you take the chameleon and drive it down to Flordia. Now the question is how much do you want to pay for this? It's 88.00 an hour from the time we leave the warehouse so you're looking at a couple thousand dollers. If you want to do it then let me know and I'll find out if it's possible. Try UPS, they ship live animals. You could always smuggle it on the plane.
    Wow, I really appreciate the offer, but I don't have hundreds of dollars, let alone thousands I'm gonna call UPS and Air Canada to see what they say. Thanks again!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I would do it check the legality of bringing reptiles in from a foreign country to the United States through customs. I realize that canada is like a suburb of Michigan, but its still a foreign country and there might be quarantine requirements. Florida is especially strict about such things as we are a haven for all types of invasive exotic things due to our climate. I'm not saying your lizard friend is a threat, but you would hate for it to be confiscated at the airport and possibly never see it again. Good luck in whatever you figure out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I realize that canada is like a suburb of Michigan
    LOL thats funny. did you know we are going to need passports to cross the border as of Jan. 1 2007? thats rediculous. course its our guberment thats requiring it, cant blaim the Canuks for that one.

there are ways around it but they may or may not be legal depending on what the laws are. personally(depending on the size of the cham) just put it in my carryon and take it on through. i know plenty of ppl who do that with dart frogs here in the states but thats cause the general security has no clue what the individual airlines rules are and you are RARELY checked by the individual airlines. but i would only do that if their are no importing laws as far as exotic reptiles from Canada to the USA.

where in Canada are you at Trapper?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok you're the second person that's told me to put her in my suitcase! Do you realize how much that would stress her out! How can you put any animal in a suitcase anyways?? They x-ray them so they would see her skeleton wouldn't they? Then I'd be in so much trouble. Plus I think it sounds really cruel. Anyways, I found out that I can't bring her in from Canada, so I think I may just drive to Seattle with her and take her over the border like that, then put her on the plane. My next problem is that I can't have her next to me on the plane, it's a big no no, so I would have to put her under the plane where all the luggage is, but they said it may get to about 2 degrees celcius down there and that would freeze her! Plus I've seen how they throw the luggage all the time I'm wondering if I could get a heating pad or something to keep her warm. The flight is about 7 hours so I would need something to stay warm for that long, but I don't want to cook her either. Any suggestions? And yes I have to look into the quarantine.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I'm in British Columbia.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast