What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mantella Dwelling

I have 3 painted mantellas, 1 brown, and 1 green mantella. They are living in a 10gal aquarium? Is this ok or do they need a bigger terririum? I have a 30gal filled with crickets right now that they can move into if needed.

question do they look like these? gotta make sure we are disscussing the raight Mantellas

718b0927.jpg

4e32d092.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

yep figured it might be viridis i just dont have that species so i had no photo and have seen the laevigatta sold as "green mantellas"

the viridis will get larger than the other two species. bestileo(brown) and the painteds(either madigascarensis or baroni not sure without a good picture and even than its just an opinion) get to be about an inch, i think viridis can hit twice that.

i would seperate them. i will let yah know now those species of mantellas arent terribly easy to breed. they need definate seasons. they also need cooler temps than most darts, atleast at night, 60-65 is good with 70-75 during the day. heat will stress them though my bestilio seems to take it better than my madagascarensis.

leaf litter is good. magnolia is the best though most any species of oak also works. it seems odd but the more hiding places you give them the more you will see them.

for the painteds and bestilio, a 10 gal is fine. i keep 3 laevigatta in a 10(7 of them in a 25) and 4 madigascarensis in a 10. not sure about the viridis but a 10 should be fine for 1 but would want atleast a 20 long for a pair.

ok well my dad bought me 3 more painted (at the store they called them fire legs) and one more brown. I'm up to 9 mantellas now! 6 painted, 2 brown, 1 viridis!

very cool. at the moment im think im at around 8 or 9 laevigatta(green and black ones i posted a pic of) depending on how many tadpoles have morphed. 2 madigascarensis(painted) and one bestilio(brown)

i also have 2 Surinam cobalt Tincs, 2 Dendrobates azureus and 4 clown tree frogs

Back