What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white's tree frog

Por que? Well, I had this guy for a while now, he's pretty big, half the size of my palm kinda. Porblem is he won't eat, has'nt been eating for more then a week, 2 weeks actually. I don't know why, i feed him live crickets and dead ones but eh won't take them and that's what they fed him before. He just sit's there and except of being the bright blue green he is , he's is reddish brown almost all the time. Anyone know why this could be?

While amphibians aren't what I usually deal with, I do know that color changes are often indicative of stress and/or disease. I'd get him to a good exotics vet ASAP.

Mokele

man i want one of those...they can eat mice!!!

Only pinkies, which are a pretty crap food anyway, since they're almost entirely fat. The frogs that can eat adult mice would be horned frogs and cane toads along with bullfrogs and similar species such as Leptodactylus pentadactylus, Pyxicephalus sp. and Conraua goliath.

Mokele

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ May 10 2006,11:00)]Por que? Well, I had this guy for a while now, he's pretty big, half the size of my palm kinda. Porblem is he won't eat, has'nt been eating for more then a week, 2 weeks actually. I don't know why, i feed him live crickets and dead ones but eh won't take them and that's what they fed him before. He just sit's there and except of being the bright blue green he is , he's is reddish brown almost all the time. Anyone know why this could be?
Color changes in reptiles generally indicate stress. Are the temperatures, light cycle, etc right?

Of course, illness is a stress, so... best look to a more knowlegeable forum. ;)

Back