User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Verlux bulbs instead of repti-sun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have these bulbs on my fish tank and the package says that zoo's use them and breeders use them. It's the next best thing to sun. Could I use them for a bearded dragon? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? You can get them at hardware stores or the verlux website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Verilux on my snakes, and my CP seedlings. Works just fine for both uses. I use 60 watts, but I am thinking of heavier wattage for the CP seed.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one hand, I'd be reluctant to use something that hasn't been tested before (and they'll say anything on a package to sell it). On the other, if you supplement with D3, that should make it less of an issue.

Personally, I wouldn't use it if your beardie is a baby; anything less than great UV could have MAJOR health consequences. However, once it's an adult, I'd consider the switch, *if* you're supplementing with d3 anyway.

Edit- Bugweed, snakes don't need UV, with the sole exception of diamond pythons, so it's irrelevant.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would stick with repti-sun 10 for your bearded dragons. u need uvb for for reptiles for d3 absorbtion. and needs to be change every 6 months