What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuban Treefrog

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I caught a treefrog today and I didn't know what kind it was. I looked it up and it's a Cuban Treefrog. I read this article on it and it said to kill it cause it's really taking over Florida(they're not native to Florida). They're eating all the lizards, other frogs and spiders. I'm obviously not going to kill it! Here is the link, just click on the Cuban Treefrog.
http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/frogs_toads/default_pictorial.htm#

Here are some pics of him. I've seen him since I moved down here, he's always sitting on the lamp above the garage door. I just wanted to catch him and take pics. I need a name for him. How about 0zzy
smile_n_32.gif

Cuban tree frogs are a very bad thing for the florida wildlife. If I'm not mistaken, they are the 2nd biggest threat to Florida. The only thing worse for the wild life are the snowbirds.

WHAT ARE SNOWBIRDS! are they real birds or a name for someone!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 15 2006,8:41)]WHAT ARE SNOWBIRDS! are they real birds or a name for someone!?
Snowbirds are people who move from cold places like Colorado to warm places like Arizona, Texas, and Florida for the winter.

It can also refer to birds that are commonly seen during the winter like juncos.

What about moving from alaska to ohio? Does that count as a snow bird?

Nice frog! Sad about the Ecosystem though.

Why would somebody want to move to ohio. I thought people were fleeing from there. I think almost all ohio natives now live here.

So therefore I am NOT a snowbird because I didn't move to Florida from Canada only for the winter, I moved forever, so I am just a normal person again.

WRONG

It's ok. Your just like a Canadian Goose. Be proud of your heritage!!!!

Good site. thanks for the link. I was wondering where all my green tree frogs went> i think i have one too many cuban tree frogs... I love my little green frogs.
I just took a pic last week or so because i found the smallest darn frog i ever saw. Now that i look at it again, its probably a cuban one...ugh...

http://jojosfarmlife.blogspot.com/2006/10/tiniest-frog.html

Or ship them up North and get rid of them.

But seriously, the more Cubans collected from FL for the pet trade the better.
smile.gif
Takes some pressure off the native greens.

I have to agree with Nflytrap. Catch all you can and send themto pet stores in the north. They can still live out their lives and won't be a threat the the enviorment.

Send them to Rattlers house he loves frogs.

Back