What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First eggs 2007 breeding season

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here's a pic of the first eggs that were laid this 2007 breeding season for my Leopard Geckos.
The first to lay was my Bell Albino. The shot is threw the top opening of the nest box. I just turned on the incubator, so I'll move the eggs tomorrow after work.
:banana2: :boogie:

1st_eggs_2007.jpg

Thats cool! I heard its difficult breeding reptiles. Nice job!

how cool is that, how do you know if the eggs are fertilized?

elgecko
could you tell us what is involved in breeding geckos?
also, how long the whole process takes.
peace,
Zero

Wow that is VERY cool! Good job! Can't wait to see pics of the babies! :boogie:

Leopard geckos are so cool. I hope to get one one day. Good luck with them.

Thanks for the comments.

ozzi1264,
Some reptile are very hard to breed and other very easy as long as there requirements are met. Leopard Geckos are pretty easy to breed.

z5guy,
After a few days in the incubator, you can see quickly if they are fertilized or not. Unfertilized eggs will start to go deflate and get moldy. I have noticed in the past a lot of times the first clutch of eggs the females lay are no good.

zero,
I have some info that might be helpful on my Leopard Gecko page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/geckos.html

THAT is soooo cool too bad they are so expensive. Keep us updated!

Tangerines are the only expensive ones I have.
High Yellows go for $25.00 ea
If I get any Bell Albinos (A recessive trait. My male is supposed to be het for Bell Albino and Patternless. So if he is truly het for Bell Albino I do have some chances of getting Bell babies when bred to my Bell Albino female.) They would sell for $30.00.

I guess all the places i look are way to expensive then or maybe they are breeder gecko's

Well who knows maybe sooner than later.

Back