Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tokay gecko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tokay gecko

I am thinking of getting a Tokay gecko to put in my greenhouse to get my spider and bug problem down. It will live just find and does not eat plants or flowers. Please tell me what you think.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you have a spider and bug problem, you need more CPs!
    -Emily

aqua teen hunger force assemble!! disco's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a good friend who has a tokay gecko and while they are beautiful they are somewhat annoying because their mating call is extremely loud and also they are very very aggressive and ill tempered its almost impossible for you to domesticate them if you will they get quite big and the bite is nothing to play around with they can draw blood i kinda agree with Presto get more CP's or a smaller lizard at least one you can play with if you want (i dunno how big your spiders are but if they are not big that tokay is not gonna go after them it would be a waste of its time) and unless you already have reptiles or have had them it takes some work to maintain them changing the water every day and the substrate once a week making sure they have adequate sun and also making sure they are free of mites and ticks i have two lizards i have an eastern fence lizard and a ground skink thats enough for me lol!!!! ANYWAY good luck with your bug problem hope everything works out

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how big they are, but if you have any neps I would be concerned he would crawl in one and go missing!

xvart.

edit: Okay, so after looking them up I have determined that it is unlikely that it would be able to fit in a nep pitcher (or most nep pitchers at least).
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan to just let him go free in the greenhouse and try not to play with it. He can be as loud as he likes it will only bug the neighbor in the back any ways there the ones giving me the roach problem. I want a low maintenance pest control for big pests.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will also take care of any small mammal issues. I'm sure that's tokay with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that's tokay with you!

yeah, I just hope that it doesn't turn out like my Tegu.
    Looks cool and is nice for the first year....doesn't do much, but manages to lash out and bite someone....after tasting blood it goes crazy and very territorial lashing out at anyone/thing that it sees

They are really pretty though!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tegu's are really cool!! I heard sunlight makes em more aggressive too! How big is it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast