What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FrOg Aquarium ***

I wanna create a frog aquarium, but i wanna know the kinds of frogs that can live together.....plz answer!

An aquarium is filled with water so by your post you mean an aquatic species. I suggest a dwarf african clawed frog or a normal african clawed frog.

I've got a feeling you actually mean something that spends part of it's time on land, in which case I like Bombina orientalis. Fire bellied toad.

If you want someone that spends all of it's time on land.. dart frogs! I've never had those so I can't comment.

tnks justlikeapill, but i also need to know withc species can live together, cuz i wanna have like 3 or 4 frogs

I don't think you should mix and match myself. Some people do dart frogs that way. I think 3 or 4 frogs of the same species looks better than 3 or 4 different species myself.

Don't put a pac-man frog with anything else :) Pac-man's rule!

I don't know any captive frogs mixible with others.:-))

Maybe bullfrogs and leopard frogs or something, cause they're both in my pond, along with toads. But those all stink and/or get huge.

Mixing species is rarely a good idea, and that goes double when there's any strong size difference. People keep darts together, but not all species; some are just too territorial to be mixed.

Darts are cool and I've been temped to get some but they are crazy expensive for a group.

Yeah, for a small one that's "inexpensive" it's like $30 minimum, but for my favorite, the yellow ones, it's more like $50. And they aren't usually fully grown either, and hard to take care of (or so it seems).

and hard to take care of (or so it seems).

most are simple to take care of...................keeping enough food for the lil species gets interesting.......newly morphed thumbnails are generally to small to eat fruit flies..........

What's smaller than a fruit fly?

A seed fly.

Baddam bam.

No really baby springtails or something I guess. They are pretty small. And cute.

springtails.................

Yeah, I thought of trying Dendros once, then I found out what they eat. Same thing with iguanas. I'm spoiled on rodent-eating snakes.

Whats wrong with springtails and fruitflys? you can get flightless fruit flys.

You gotta raise them. If they came freeze dried and the frogs would eat them I'd already have some dendros.

They aren't expensive to rear. What ever though

for the most part raising fruit flies and keeping enough on hand is more difficult than any other part of their care........i spend more time actually messing with feeders than i do even worrying about my darts.........if you set up their tank right, as long as they are fed they pretty well are worry free

Back