User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Praying Mantis question (Request)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying Mantis question (Request)

I'd like to know if anyone knows a good site or knows of a few places that sell them or if anyone wants to get rid of some. I've been trying to find some so I can observe and raise them but haven't had any luck. PM or answer here. Either way thanks.

John C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will I'm sorry my friend but they have now BANS on mantid importation and sales in the U.S. I don't think you can get here in the U.S. any more. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has of right now banned imported fancy or exotic mantids. Here a link to some discussing the topic. You can also check the U.S. Department of Agriculture website also.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...ghlight=mantis

michael1975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange--I just called a local nursery in the SF Bay area, and they sell them. PM me if you still can't find any at your local nursery--this one may be able to ship the eggs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Please read all the topics and linked pages on this page:
    http://www.mantidforum.com/forum/vie...8f9efabb97fe26 -I posted the page for imports into California .

Be sure to check out the "Mantids for Sale" section of that forum too. I have had a couple people from an handful of forums ask if I had any for sale, but thanks to school and work I was only able to obtain 3 ooths from this previous season, when I would normally have around 12. This season is looking good though (I can't wait until August!).

Good luck on your search, they make excellent pets!
    -Joel from Southern California