Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide what to get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met a lady recently(who was wandering Petco, of all things) that had two Tokays on her-yes, just sitting on her, just inside her shawl, wherever she put them. They were completely docile, and she had a bunch more at home like that.
    However, she was very picky of whom was going to "adopt" her babies. She said she had to visit the home to see the environment, no dogs or snakes(stike two, three-I was out).
    Don't let that fool you-this was a few- in- a lifetime sight . These guys are normally monsters.
    Why do you think they leopards will not do good in a reptarium? They have 100% air movement-perfect for a desert lizard. One beardie would do well too.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two leos and I agree, they are a good bet. You can usually find them for under $30. Petco usually has some tangerine leos too for not any more money. THey arent the best tangerines like elgecko has but still nice. Just dont get two males.

As for beardies, I can't say much. My mom has one. It's really cool how docile it is, but it goes #2 like there is no tomorrow. Also, just when you think it is the laziest lizard ever, through a cricket at it. You'd think the world ended. Other than that it just seems to sit on one spot under the light.
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ben is refering to a Sulccata. I would avoid those as they get big and would need lots of room (I have a buddy here with one and he basically lets it roam the yard from spring to fall. In winter it is in a 2.5m x 2.5m pen and it sulks the whole time

If you don't want snakes then I agree that leopards are a good choice. I used to own a pair of African fat-tails and they were great!! Super docile.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Leopard Geckos needed glass to hold onto, that's why I wasn't sure of the rep.

Thanks Clint He looks pokey!

0zzy, you're full of !

I didn't know Beardies went #2 so much, lol. Thanks CPsInAtl

I don't think a tortoise would be happy in my rep

Thanks for all the help guys I still can't decide, plus I have to OK this with Jeff
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leopard Geckos are terrestrial. They do not have the toe pads to climb walls or glass.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, good to know, thanks
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just pm'd elgecko about this, but I thought I would ask here as well. I'm still not sure what I'm getting, although I have thought about maybe some fire bellied toads. My question is about crickets. They will climb the walls in my reptarium, so how can a leopard gecko or fire bellied toad, get to the crickets, if they climb all the way to the top? I had a chameleon and this happened all the time with the crickets, but of course she was able to climb the sides and get at them. But like elgecko mentioned, leopard geckos don't climb the sides. Any suggestion? I thought about maybe feeding mealworms instead but for the toads it said it's not a good idea because their shells are too hard. Please don't suggest that I rip the crickets legs off, cause that's not nice, lol. Thanks
    Great Googly Moogly!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert, but I bet they don't stay at the top the entire time. They probably come down at least occasionally!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast