What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The kids (lots of pics)

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cobra

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Just cause I felt like showing them all off

"Jake" my oldest @ 17

PB050011.jpg

PB050006.jpg

PB020003.jpg

The waxies

P8160002.jpg

PA090012.jpg

PA180001.jpg

"Envy"

PA200003.jpg

PA200005.jpg

"Dr. Teeth"

PB020002.jpg

He likes hair

PA270008.jpg

Pretending to be a cobra

P9230029.jpg

"Promethea"

PB160021.jpg

PB050002.jpg

"Yarp" and "Narp"

PB190006_2.jpg

"Yarp"

PB190008_2.jpg

"Narp"

PB190009_2.jpg

And the most recent addition and as yet unnamed carpet python

PB190004_2.jpg

PB170029.jpg

PB170027.jpg

Cool, it looked like you ball python if it is one looked bigger in the first and the third pic. The second trip it up.

I love your frogs! :love:

OMG Phython in hair?!? :0o:

But I must say they are darn cool...too bad we are not allowed to keep snakes as pets here.

my ball python loved my baseball cap..........he would wrap himself around it while on my head and squeeze to pop it off at which point i had to sit the hat in my lap till he lost interest in it. for being a ground dwelling snake he sure liked to climb.....had a picture somewhere of him sitting on a branch like a chondro. before i started wearing contacts he destroyed a few pairs of glasses using them as leverage to climb to the top of my head.

nice looking carpet.....should only get better looking as it gets older....

Ant,

In the second pic the ball is doubled over on itself at least once in my wife's hair.

Joosa,

They are a trip aren't they. Only frogs I have never had a problem with. Very personable too.

Cindy,

I will never move some place that will not allow snakes as pets. It'd kill me.

Rattler,

They are rather arboreal. The Dr. has a tendency to climb hos branch and then belly flop off into his water dish. Really odd behavior.

I know the hazards of snakes and glasses as well. "Envy" has bent mine once already. Now I know to pull them off when she takes and interest in them.

I love the waxies! Very cool pictures.

xvart.

Man, I'd never get anything done if I had all those buddies helping .... ???

Thanx for sharing.

Hey there Pyro,
gr8 pics, how about calling your carpet python shag or shaggy?LOL

Lovely animals - Envy is amazingly tame.

Are those night snakes? Sweet, gotta represent the local colubrid fauna!

Mokele

Lovely animals - Envy is amazingly tame.

Are those night snakes? Sweet, gotta represent the local colubrid fauna!

Mokele

Yes "Envy" is quite tame though the guy I got her from warned me she was only "semi". I have worked with her 2-3 times a week so she is used to me now. Only have to get her used to the little one next. Course that will be when the little one isn't so little.

Those are not night snakes though they do look similar. They are actually Dasypeltis scabra, the Rhombic Egg Eater. Great little pair but still too small for button quail eggs so I have to tube feed them which I am sure is traumatic as all get out for them but it is how it is for now. I hope to get hold of some finch eggs or even some small tropical gecko eggs to try on them shortly

Yes "Envy" is quite tame though the guy I got her from warned me she was only "semi". I have worked with her 2-3 times a week so she is used to me now. Only have to get her used to the little one next. Course that will be when the little one isn't so little.

Lovely, it's so rare to see that species actually tame, or even close.

Those are not night snakes though they do look similar. They are actually Dasypeltis scabra, the Rhombic Egg Eater. Great little pair but still too small for button quail eggs so I have to tube feed them which I am sure is traumatic as all get out for them but it is how it is for now. I hope to get hold of some finch eggs or even some small tropical gecko eggs to try on them shortly

Ahh, even cooler! Do they need fresh eggs, or can they accept ones that have been stored/refrigerated?

Mokele

Lovely, it's so rare to see that species actually tame, or even close.

Actually, more and more these days as people are learning more about their habits and ways it is becoming a bit more common to fined tamed specimens. They still take work but knowing when and how to approach them helps.

Ahh, even cooler! Do they need fresh eggs, or can they accept ones that have been stored/refrigerated?

They will take eggs that have been fridged but you have to let them warm up to room temp before presenting them. I am feeding them button quail eggs that I am keeping in the fridge. I set one out and then scramble it and feed each animal 1-1.5ml at a sitting.

nice snakes

i love snakes, always have.
i had a tiger-ball python, albino burmese python, carpet python, and some regular ball pythons when i was younger.

is that a corn snake in the first picture?

Kristoff,

Yes that is a corn.

Thank you

Awesome creatures and pics, as usual :) I also love your Waxies :D

They are all beautiful! Do you have any full tank shots of the waxy frog setup?

Back