Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leopard Gecko Pics

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    creepa200,
    Are you sure your not getting a thermostat and thermometer mixed up? A thermometer just reads the temperature and a thermostat will turn the incubator on and off to regulate the desired temperature you want.
    Was your incubator plugged into it? If so it was a thermostat.
    What temperature did you have it set at?

I think I'm going to get one of these thermostats to regulate my heat tape for the babies. http://reptilebasics.com/Ranco-ETC-111000-p-16171.html

Right now I have a rheostat on it and check it every month with an inferred temp gun to make sure I have the proper temperature.

I use the cork on the outside the fish tank to insulate it and hold the heat better.
    There is a plexiglass top I have that has 2 large 2 or 3 inch holes for ventilation.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
    Opps forgot to add this.

JustLikeAPill,
    I say "held back" for ones that I did not sell or trade away and will be adding to the collection for now.

Ahh, I see! I didn't know if that was some herpetological lingo or something You've definitely got talent at breeding them! Do you have a goal that you're trying to achieve or are you just breeding the best as you go along?

Clint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I love these guys. I just wish they kept their juvenile pattern.

Look for Coleonyx Geckos. They have the same temperament are super easy to keep and they only grow to 10-15cm so you can house them in smaller tanks (though I kept my bloke in a 20 long).
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to try and make an identical setup to yours. As far as the thermometer I have almost the exact same one. It has like a 10 foot wire and the same exact tip as yours. Just mine isn't rectangle it's more of a square.

When I was breeding them last year people told me to make sure the lid of the container was at an angle so water drips don't squish them.

Now with your container do you close the tops completely?

Thanks again bud.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coleonyx Geckos! I'm going to have to remember that! GORGEOUS! Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill,
    I hope to produce some Sunglows down the road and Murphy Patternless. The Murphy Patternless may happen next year, but the Sunglows might take some time. I need to produce a really pretty Bell Albino to start that project, and another year or 2 after that before I would get any.
    My male is Het for Bell Albino, which he has proven, and supposed to be Het for Murphy Patternless. The baby Bell Albino and High Yellow that I kept will be bred to my male next year. If my male is truly het for Murphy Patternless I would think I'd have at least 1 show up in a breeding season. Maybe I'd get a real surprise with a Albino Patternless out of it at some point.

creepa200,
    Sounds like you have a thermometer. It will not regulate your incubator temps and it's possible that it could get too hot. If temps get over 91 degrees for a long period of time it's possible to kill the embryos.
    I have my incubator set to 78 degrees to hatch out females. They will not fight like males will when they get older.
    I'm going to be setting up another incubator to hatch out a few males this year. Temps will be set to 90 degrees for the first 3 weeks and then dropped to 86 degrees to finish them out till they hatch.

I've had water get on my eggs, it's not the best, but most hatch anyway.

I have had the top open, closed, and everywhere in between.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some updating on my page:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/gecko_care.html

Needs more work, but better then it was.
    Any thought of other info I should add?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123