What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leopard Gecko Pics

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Took some updated pics of some of my Leopard Geckos.

My Male Tangerine.
SHTCTmale.jpg

My female Tangerine.
SHTCTfemale.jpg

Female Tangerine that I will breed back to the male this year. Hatch her out in 06.
female-tang-offspring.jpg

Another Tangerine that I held back from last year.
SHTCTbaby.jpg

Female Bell Albino.
Belladult.jpg

I only had 2 Bell Albinos hatch out last year and held one back.
bellbaby.jpg

And a High Yellow I held back.
HYbaby.jpg

he's cool nice pic, I would get one but I;m trying to stick to one hobby

do these harm you in any way? i'd love to have these for a pet.

actually they are very tame and dont mind being handled at all...long as its gentle

Very beautiful. Like look so peaceful. I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to pictures of the babies!

do these harm you in any way? i'd love to have these for a pet.

They are extremely docile. I saw this post by Pyro earlier:

Definitely do your homework first. There are a million and one people out there who impulse buy a herp and then the poor thing dies a slow death to their neglect.

xvart.

I love these guys. I just wish they kept their juvenile pattern. I especially like the leucistic ones. I like any leucistic reptile come to think of it :) I'll get around to getting one or two once I get an apartment somewhere.

What does held back mean?

I just couldn't help taking a screen shot of this...
Elgecko, who's the green friend above your Tangerine???

Gecko.JPG

I have 2 leopard geckos that have eggs all the time. I bought a hovabator and everything and they always die :( . Most of them cave in right away while others cave in right when I think they are doing good. So I guess you are better than me at that lol.

I have a 1.1 pair of I guess what you call bells?

I tried the hovabator a few clutches then I tried a tupperware on 2 bricks inside a cooler with a fishtank heater. I'm sure you know the method I'm speaking of.

But good job and those are some sweet looking geckos. It's amazing how nice they look when well taken care of. Mine looks just like yours but no babies yet due to my dumb self probably.

Oh ya another thing. Mine always poop/pee on me when I pick them up. Is this a normal thing until they get use to being held? They are like 3 years old and I barely hold them cause I don't like getting pooped on lol

Thanks for the comments.

upper,
When Leopard Geckos are young they are a little excitable, but when they are older they are very tame to being handled.

thbjr,
Madagascar Giant Day Gecko.

creepa200,
I use the fishtank / Heater method. I'm going to update my site with better pics of my incubator, pic of the set up inside, sometime.
http://mysite.verizon.net/elgecko1989/gecko_care.html

If the eggs are caving in they are not damp enough and drying out. I place my eggs in damp perlite.

My LG's have never gone to the bathroom on me when I hold them. I can see how this could effect your wanting to hold them.

Opps forgot to add this.

JustLikeAPill,
I say "held back" for ones that I did not sell or trade away and will be adding to the collection for now.

I wonder how they weren't staying moist. I had them in a tupperware container with wet perlite. Never flipped them or rolled them either. Pics of your setup would surely help. Their season is coming so I could try and hopefully have success this year.

Thanks for the reply bud.

creepa200,
Do you have a thermostat attached to your incubator to regulate the temperature? From my understanding they can overheat without one.
Did your tupperware container have any air holes?

Here are some pics.
-incubator-pics-007.jpg

incubator-pics-006.jpg

incubator-pics-005.jpg

They are extremely docile. I saw this post by Pyro earlier:

xvart.

Hmmm.... I dunno about that.

My little brother had one for a while but then he gave it away. Actually, right before we decided to give it away, it bit my brothers hand and made a huge gash and there was blood gushing everywhere. Then, he did the same thing to me. (although maybe it was because I was shoving my finger in his face) That's when we decided to give him away. Also our cat jumped in his aquarium and sliced a hole in the leapord gecko, another reason we had to give him away. Poor thing must be the most agitated gecko in the history of the world.

Last edited:
I had a digital thermostat hovering right above the tupperware. I have like 4 of those exact thing you have pictured though. I have cds in them but I can get more at the dollar store lol.

But before I used like a plastic show box. It wasn't air tight and I left the lid cracked and at a angle so water wouldn't drip and crush the eggs.

I would spray them and the perlite every few days or as I saw it drying. Now do you use that cork looking stuff to airtight seal the whole tank? Thanks again for the help.

creepa200,
Are you sure your not getting a thermostat and thermometer mixed up? A thermometer just reads the temperature and a thermostat will turn the incubator on and off to regulate the desired temperature you want.
Was your incubator plugged into it? If so it was a thermostat.
What temperature did you have it set at?

I think I'm going to get one of these thermostats to regulate my heat tape for the babies. http://reptilebasics.com/Ranco-ETC-111000-p-16171.html

Right now I have a rheostat on it and check it every month with an inferred temp gun to make sure I have the proper temperature.

I use the cork on the outside the fish tank to insulate it and hold the heat better.
There is a plexiglass top I have that has 2 large 2 or 3 inch holes for ventilation.

Opps forgot to add this.

JustLikeAPill,
I say "held back" for ones that I did not sell or trade away and will be adding to the collection for now.

Ahh, I see! I didn't know if that was some herpetological lingo or something :0o: You've definitely got talent at breeding them! Do you have a goal that you're trying to achieve or are you just breeding the best as you go along?

Clint

I love these guys. I just wish they kept their juvenile pattern.

Look for Coleonyx Geckos. They have the same temperament are super easy to keep and they only grow to 10-15cm so you can house them in smaller tanks (though I kept my bloke in a 20 long).

I'm going to have to try and make an identical setup to yours. As far as the thermometer I have almost the exact same one. It has like a 10 foot wire and the same exact tip as yours. Just mine isn't rectangle it's more of a square.

When I was breeding them last year people told me to make sure the lid of the container was at an angle so water drips don't squish them.

Now with your container do you close the tops completely?

Thanks again bud.

Back