Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US govmnt wants to make snakes illegal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he actions and disposition of 1-2 species (mostly the Burmese but I include the reticulated as they can be nasty) in a fairly limited area (the Everglades) are, according to F&W, enough to justify that all species of Python and Boa ought to be placed on their list. The vast majority of pet pythons and boas would perish in the winters in this country anywhere other than in the Everglades. Yet they think it justifiable to make all import and all cross stat transport of all species illegal. Give me one good reason that makes any sense. Please?
    Agreed, it makes no sence considering the limited areas where they would be a problem. All species, however, they never said that.

e feds are banning the importation and interstate transportation of 3 whole genera
    Did you read the proposal? They are not gonna ban the whole genera.

I read the proposal by the FWS and they said they were reviewing information on the species within the genera in question, not that it was considering the whole genera itself for inclusion. "Reviewing species within the genera" does not = we are gonna ban the whole lot of them because they are in a genera with a potentially problematic species.

.however the same government makes it illegal to shoot feral horses that are causing lasting damage to the enviroment in the desert southwest........the biggest threat to the plants and animals in Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico out side of man is feral horses and it is illegal to kill them. feral pigs are destroying untold amounts of wildlife habitat and are spreading like a plague yet the feds allow some states to make it illegal to kill these animals.
    Thats the problem with animal rights activists. people say OOOOH NOO THE poor horsies. because people like horses and pigs. Because the public rates the pest status of an animal based on how cute it is.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is even looking at species only....say retics and boa constrictors.......there are insular races of each that are smaller than some bullsnakes i catch up here.......not to mention Boa constrictor imperitor is native to the US
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am short on time so I will likely post tomorrow but I have the pdf on my desktop and this is what it says:

We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service or We), are reviewing available biological and economic information on constrictor snakes in the Python, Boa and Eunectes genera for possible addition to the list of injurious wildlife under the Lacey
    Now perhapse I am dense or not understanding legal jargon but that sounds an awful lot like:

"We are looking for information on the genera f Python, Boa and Eunectes to determine whether to include said genera to the list of injurious wildlife."

The do not say anything about using the material for review to determine if select species of those genera will be added.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service or We), are reviewing available biological and economic information on constrictor snakes in the Python, Boa and Eunectes genera for possible addition to the list of injurious wildlife under the Lacey
    Pyro, i agree that was on the summary, but look in the supplemental information section, a elaboration on the summary. Look closer,

We are looking at obtaining information on the various species in the python, Boa and Eunectes genera for possible addition to the injurious wildlife list
    So therefore, what they said by "snakes" was individual species within the genera, not the genera themselves... at least thats how i interpreted it.
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12