Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snake eats dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler brings up another good point. Most normal snake keepers are going to have the where with all to keep dogs and snakes separate. For example, I currently allow my wife's chihuahua to have encounters with the ball python and carpet python. Which is fine because both are under 60cm right now. But once the ball hits 1m and the carpet gets to about 1.5m the chihuahua will be in another room when they are out of cage.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing. It's sad that the kids and the family had to see that. It had to be horrible for them to watch.

Second is it was their responsibility to know about the natural predators in their area and keep their dog safe. They saw the snake stalking the dog for a week. They should have kept their dog inside until the snake was gone, or had somebody remove the snake.

It's funny that when a snake eats a dog, it's headlines around the world, but think about how many dogs that kills snakes and you never hear anything about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get yourself one of the dwarf forms. Or a nice carpet python, they stay small(er)
    Well, part of what I want it for is the size - size makes movement more biomechanically challenging, and I want to rub the size of these snakes in the nose of the primatologists who go on about how apes are the biggest things in trees.

Mokele.....my wifes rule isnt that i cant keep anything that cant eat the dog.....ive just got to be able to handle it myself in relative safety.........cause she says she aint strong enough to save my ****........
    Well, my fiancee is fine with just about everything, but gets leery of anything hot or truly huge snakes. Ironically, she's fine with even the largest lizards - she's more accustomed to their body language so feels safer handling them.

Most normal snake keepers are going to have the where with all to keep dogs and snakes separate.
    Yep; my rule is always "if it can cause injuries, the cage has a lock on it".

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once read about a...boa i think... eating a small boy. It was a horrible story... The father screaming looking for his pistol but helpless as to know what to do to save his boy....
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it was a boa, they don't get large enough. Probably a Burmese python. Heard rumors of that as well but nothing verified.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That story made my day. That was really funny. I love when nature gives people a reality check.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the major problem with a snake, even a large one, eating a person is our shoulders.....hard for a snake that has no arms to position our body so it can get its jaws past our shoulders......not impossible but highly unlikely......course at that point its sorta acedemic weither the snake just kills you or kills you and eats you. any constrictor over about 5 foot can kill a person. the bullsnakes up here are powerful enough that if they wrapped around my neck they could cut off the blood supply to my brain should they get startled and decide to squeeze. any of the larger boas or pythons can defiantly kill a person. but i find it unlikely very many ppl actually get eaten by then other than maybe young children. i just cant see any of them eating anyone very big due to how our shoulders are built.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closest thing I could find on snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/animals/anaconda.asp

I am inclined to say that other stories like this are also bunk. Most people just like to hate snakes unfortunately...

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast