Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Dart Frogs. ??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping Dart Frogs. ??????

Well say 6 months ago and like a year ago I wanted to keep dart frogs then sorta forgot then came back. From what I have read so far you can keep them in a 10 gallon tank using a substrate(a certain brand of potting soil with pebbles) there are terrestrials and the guys that like it higher up. They need high humidity,misting and so on. The clincher for keeping them is food fruit flies are the choice food and culturing is sorta easy right
    So is it a viable idea ? Are they just hard to keep and I should keep say typical Cuban tree frogs ? Are the captive bred frogs in general expensive ?
    So long story short I'd like to do a 10 gallon setup with the Dart Frogs that enjoy it higherup and will put a good amount of time and some money into getting started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright there nice but expensive I think The American Red Eyed Tree Frog is a much better choice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or the dart frogs could be the food for your neps and hop in and Gulp your nep is feed for a nice long while. But yeah i also have always wanted to keep dart frogs, where are you thinking of buying them from?
    Thanks
    -Ryan
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question is have you ever kept any frogs as pets, not just keeping a few tadpoles and watching them turn into frogs and letting them go, I mean for an extended period of time. If not, I would suggest going for something a little easyer. I have had my Whites tree frog for about 7 years now and I have to say hes pretty low maintenence. Also, green tree frogs and firebelled toads make good first frogs. Whatever your choice may be, I would defantatly read up on whatever you get before you get it.

Shawn
    http://www.amphibianark.org/
    Donate or sign the petition to help save amphibians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm ok cool thanks for helping out. Hey shawn could you maybe post a pic of your frogs living enviroment?

Thankls

Ryan
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Shawn I haven't I have had some lizards when I was little but thats it. After some research there harder and I need to try something easier that is active and easy.
    Then I could work off of that since I think frogs would be kinda fun for another hobby.
    Oh I had a firebellied toad I remember like 6 years ago ...
    So I'll research but a frog that enjoy being active enjoys being high up would be perfect. I was thinking about the typical American red eyed tree frog there nocternal though so I'm wondering why many people keep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.brianstropicals.com/building.html\
    This guy keeps lots of frogs in ten gallons
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow ! thats alota tank ,
    Dm I have room in my growcloset and I have an extra tank and screened lid..
    I think the Tpical tree frog is my best bet since I jsut want something to have fun with not a full on addictive hobby(well maybe it will be addictive)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast