What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated carpet python photos

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Some recent pics of "Jax". S/he shed about a week ago and is starting to colour up nicely. I like the tint of green under all that yellow. And how her/his spots are grey on the inside.

P4170024.jpg

P4170029.jpg

P4170028.jpg

P4170030.jpg

Beautiful snake! Will you ever know if it's a male or female? Is it just young and you can't tell yet? Nice pics!

If I bothered to get it sexed I would know. My wife did not ask the sex when she bought it and I just have not bothered having my buddy take a look. I do not really have plans to breed it so I am not that motivated to sex it. My wife is convinced it is female "just cause..."

Nice looking snake. Yours looks to have a better temperament to it than the one my friend had till he got rid of it cause it was meaner than a junkyard dog.

Beautiful snake. You have to be a proud daddy.

ktulu,

IT can have attitude on occasion. Advantage is that right now it is small enough that a hit is nothing and we handle it regularly to keep it nice. I would hate to have a full grown one of these with attitude... That would be one painful bite.

Ozzy,

I am a proud daddy to all my snakes :)

Lovely looking snake there I just own two corns It's been almost a year since my first corn died I'm thinking of buying a baby ball python next year how are pythons temperment can they be nice with regular handling?

I love the coloration of your snake also that picture of it in the grass did you put it down or was holding part of him?

I could never trust my two corns they like to constantly move around and if I put one down he or she would not be seen again..

Hey Bluebird,

Captive bred ball pythons are great. Ubermellow, total babydolls. You do have to handling them to ensure they stay mellow but once a week is more than sufficient for those purposes. If you do decide to go for a ball I would recommend that you find a local reptile expo as your selection will be greater than at a petstore. And your price will be a lot lower to. For example, I was at PetsMart yesterday and they had a baby ball for $80. I got mine for $10 from a show.

Yeah I went to a reptile expo last year to check out the ball pythonsand other reptiles they all looked very healthy and good prices though right now I can't get one due to my brothers wedding, but after that I'm thinking of picking up either a pieball, axanthic, mojave, or just normal one it depends on the one I like best when I go to the expo again luckily I have a spare 10 gal tank and a 20 gal for later just need to buy a couple hides, water dish, UTH, and substrate..

I agree about not going to chain petstores I haven't set my foot in one in 4 years ones I've been to in the past their snakes and reptiles just don't look good luckily there's a pet store that takes decent care of the snakes and feeder mice though it takes 30 or more minutes to get there depending on traffic I rather support them than going to the local petco..

If I had the money and space I'd throw in for a pied easy. And a lesser platinum cause they are just sweet. Might even go for a fire as well.

But I have neither the cash or the space for those animals and potential breeding projects. But it is fun to dream...

Back