What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My fire bellied toads died :-(

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I found one of my fire bellied toads dead last night in the tank, I was really upset about it and couldn't figure out why he died. I just found the second one dead in the water :( What could have happened?? They both ate crickets yesterday morning when I fed them, but I had noticed that the last few times I fed them, they didn't eat nearly as much as they did before. I thought maybe since it was warmer, they were eating less. But it looks like it was due to something else. I have no idea why they died. Could they have gotten some kind of parasites or maybe the crickets had something wrong with them? Is that possible? I guess it would be really hard to tell. Anyway, I'm sad :(

Was there any fungus at ALL on them, thats how mine died, it got fungus growing inside (eww, i know) and then it killed it and the outside was COVERED

I didn't see any.

Ok, then i dont know how they died.

What the heck am I going to do with 614 crickets?? ???

Feed ur Cps!!!!

I used to have leopard geckos and they ate crickets. One got constipated because of the crickets and died and the other was sad so it wouldn't eat and it died.

That's really sad maneatingmoo :(

I thought about that awgaupp.

Maybe the crickets had a disease that was more effective in a f.b.t. and did more damage. OR it may have been something in the tank.
Cody

I also thought that it may have been from the crickets. I was still buying crickets from the store because the ones I was (am) raising are still too small.

My fire bellied salamander died along time ago when I was like 6, the cat sliced it's stomache open. D:

hey did you find out what killed your F.B.Ts?

Nope. I'm not sure how I could find out :( I packed up my tank and put it in the garage :( What a waste.

Back