Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Probably my last photos of Jax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, good luck in finding one. Can't wait to see pics of the new one.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was wrong with the snake your selling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already said. It's too hyper for his wife
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why can't you keep jax and just let your wife get another ball if she wants? is she the one that feeds her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Evergreen,

Nothing is "wrong" with her. It is just that carpets are, by their nature, extremely active and energetic snakes. My wife wants to have a snake she can handle easily. I guess I was not clear when I explained to my wife that with regular "hands on" time she would be a handleable snake, which she is. However, a handleable carpet is still very active and mobile and wants to be free to move. A carpet requires constant attention and position change to keep good control of the animal (they also seem to have a very unnerving habit of occasionally staring straight into your eyes.) By contrast, a ball you can basically set in your lap and just ignore it. You can easily direct a ball to where you want it and it'll go there and stay there without much fuss.

@ Ant,

It is a matter of space, I do not have room for another big tank. Adult carpets and balls take at least a 55G tank or equivalent. A 55G is 120cm long. The only place in the house where I could put another tank that size would be in the crawlspace which is rather a cold area for a snake (I use it as my highland grow area after all.)

She does feed her snakes, unless I am just so into the vibe of feeding that I do it out of habit (which usually gets me yelled at LOL.)
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    (they also seem to have a very unnerving habit of occasionally staring straight into your eyes.)
    Holy cow this would really freak me out. But are you saying it because you're not supposed to look into a snakes eyes because it'll strike at you or just because it freaks you out too?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper7 View Post
    Holy cow this would really freak me out. But are you saying it because you're not supposed to look into a snakes eyes because it'll strike at you
    Looking into their eyes won't motivate them to strike, most snakes don't have great vision as it is so she probably is not even aware she is looking me in the eyes. I am not too concerned she will strike though there are some instances of this, Morelia, like many pythons, have heat sensitive pits (you can see them in the pics along her jaw line) and a flush of heat can trigger a feeding strike response.

or just because it freaks you out too?
    It does not freak me out, it is just a little unnerving to have her staring right at me. You can see that there is something going on in her head... And she will almost always make a break straight for the top of my head after staring for a while which is also unnerving cause it could easily be mistaken for a strike if you did not know any better...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, I hope you find jax a nice home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast