What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Tortoise :-(

• Thread starter DavyJones
  • Start date

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
My poor girlfriend was letting her Russian Tortoise romp around in an enclosure for small animals today, and the little guy somehow escaped and ran away. Little Herbie was only a year old, she had had him for 3 months, and he was a really cute little guy. I'm helpless because I'm on the other side of the state, but hopefully he will turn up tonight/tomorrow morning. I'll feel really badly if she doesn't find him, she is devastated.

Sorry to hear that. I hope she finds him.

Inside or outside? If the latter then odds are he is gone for good. If inside then leave a plate of food in the middle of the floor and wait for him to get hungry

No, it was indeed outside. There were no signs of his escape by his enclosure (i.e. it being moved, or signs of digging) so I have the theory that a hawk or some bird of prey got him. My next door neighbor has a Koi pond, and about once a year he has to replace a fish because something (Raccoon, Cat, Hawk) snatches it up.

I am so sorry to hear that :( But this is exactly the reason they always say not to leave an animal unattended outside, especially if the enclosure doesn't have a top. I truely am sorry and I'm hoping for the best. Please keep us updated.

Back