Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Missing Tortoise :-(

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Missing Tortoise :-(

My poor girlfriend was letting her Russian Tortoise romp around in an enclosure for small animals today, and the little guy somehow escaped and ran away. Little Herbie was only a year old, she had had him for 3 months, and he was a really cute little guy. I'm helpless because I'm on the other side of the state, but hopefully he will turn up tonight/tomorrow morning. I'll feel really badly if she doesn't find him, she is devastated.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. I hope she finds him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inside or outside? If the latter then odds are he is gone for good. If inside then leave a plate of food in the middle of the floor and wait for him to get hungry
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it was indeed outside. There were no signs of his escape by his enclosure (i.e. it being moved, or signs of digging) so I have the theory that a hawk or some bird of prey got him. My next door neighbor has a Koi pond, and about once a year he has to replace a fish because something (Raccoon, Cat, Hawk) snatches it up.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry to hear that But this is exactly the reason they always say not to leave an animal unattended outside, especially if the enclosure doesn't have a top. I truely am sorry and I'm hoping for the best. Please keep us updated.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!