What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my first darts D. Azuerus!

laxgoal

I Like Watching Things Grow...
These are my first dart frog. I got em' two days ago at the Northwest Captive Breeders expo. The colors on these are incredible! They are Dendrobates Azuerus. I dont know if they are male and female yet.

Cheech

CheechChongOct19004.jpg

Chong

CheechChongOct19006.jpg

CheechChongOct19010.jpg

Nice acquisition. I morphed out a trio of these. Fun little frogs with a ton of personality.

My favorite Dart.
I hope to keep these someday.

They have nice coloration!

VERY cute! My favorite dart frog x3

WoooooW! They are beautiful! The blue/black ones have always been my favorite. May I ask how much you paid for them?

P.S- Can you post a pic of their enclosure?

They were 35 bucks a piece. Right now they are in quarantine which is a plastic shoebox with some cuttings and damp paper towel and a hiding spot. I have a 10 gal vivarium set up for them. I'll take a picture later and post.

ok, so here are some pics of the current state of my vivarium. I am planning to finish the background and add a bromeliad.

VIV001.jpg

this is the Ricca moss in for a ground cover. looks nice i think.

VIV008.jpg

The Riccia moss does look nice.
I have used it in planted fish tanks before. Never thought about terrarium use like that before.
Very nice.

Very nice. I like the moss too. How do the frogs like their new home?

Gees, He-'Looks' Good-Enough to-'Touch' ... but-I-'Bet'-You He's Really-Poisonous!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<
It's-an-Arrow-Frog, Isn't-it? Common-Name I-'Mean'.

Just wanted to Welcome Davion to TF... and the unusual style and use of the keyboard!

Hello Davion,

Yes, they are arrow frogs or poison dart frogs.

In captivity they are not toxic. The toxin comes from their diet of ants in the wild, in captivity they are fed Drosophila and springtails and other small things which do not have the precursor agents that are metabolized into the toxin. Totally harmless to handle when captive raised.

Back