What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My newish pink toe tarantula

Here are some pics of my newish pink toe tarantula. I got her from a reptile zoo, she is captive bred and her name is Socks!

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cooool. I once thought about getting a pet tarantula, but then a poisonous spider crawled onto my neck and bit me when I was younger.

oh... Btw, it venomous, not poisonous. ;)

and all spiders are venomous.....

yeaahhhhhhhhh

Just some/most aren't harmful.

actually....
all spiders, to a certain degree, are venomous...

NIIIICE Devon! How long have you had him/her? Very cute :)

Naming a pink toe tarantula Socks is like naming a boa constrictor Cuddles.

She's a very cute little gal. :)

aww, she's so cute!

It was a brown recluse; but this is about Devon's spider.

It was a brown recluse; but this is about Devon's spider.

Friggin' !*@#*$&$*(!@&*#&!*! A brown recluse bite will make you rethink everything from housecleaning to putting on your shoes! What repulsive little buggers! "Socks" is still cute though!

I thought most tarantula can't bite through our skin BTW awesome!

i dont see how a tarantula would not be able to puncture the skin...beast fangs theyve got...**shudder** lol
daddy longlegs and cellar spiders cant bite through your skin though...

Is it really their jaws that they can bite a person with, or their mandibles? I think I remember something about the venom fangs being inside their mouth. Or maybe that's a different spider...
Either way, very cute. Most tarantulas have a slight air of creepiness but the pink toes are overwhelmingly charming. (Still not sure I wouldn't be pretty startled if I stumbled across one unexpectedly.) Is the body soft at all, or is it all stiff and shell-like under the fur?
~Joe

cute tarantula!

Is it really their jaws that they can bite a person with, or their mandibles? I think I remember something about the venom fangs being inside their mouth. Or maybe that's a different spider...
Either way, very cute. Most tarantulas have a slight air of creepiness but the pink toes are overwhelmingly charming. (Still not sure I wouldn't be pretty startled if I stumbled across one unexpectedly.) Is the body soft at all, or is it all stiff and shell-like under the fur?
~Joe

same as any spider the big fangs hold the venom.....doesnt do any good to have venom where it cant be injected into a critter.....

NIIIICE Devon! How long have you had him/her? Very cute

Thanks! I've had her for a month or so now. :)

Naming a pink toe tarantula Socks is like naming a boa constrictor Cuddles.

She's a very cute little gal. :)

lol, thanks Clue.

aww, she's so cute!

thankyou. :)

I thought most tarantula can't bite through our skin BTW awesome!

Yeah, they definetly can, but thanks anyway. :)

Is the body soft at all, or is it all stiff and shell-like under the fur?

I'm pretty sure she has an exo skeleton or something like that... she ism't soft, really. I really need to research how they work or whatever and everything. :p

cute tarantula!

Thanks!

I just got her cause I held one, and I just really loved it they walk really funny and I love spiders, so I eventually saved up for one. :D Now I'm hooked on tarantulas. :-D

I'm pretty sure she has an exo skeleton or something like that... she ism't soft, really. I really need to research how they work or whatever and everything. :p

I see. I know spiders have exoskeletons, but I've also seen some where parts of the body seem to expand and contract as though they were breathing, so I've always wondered how pliable or rigid their bodies actually are. The only times I've handled tarantulas I was a little intimidated and I mostly took the policy of letting them do the exploring/investigating.
~Joe

Back