Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about buying a Mata Mata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah. i handled one the other day at the petstore i used to work at who is about 13" long, had em for a month or so now i think they said. very beautiful, very docile creature.....just sits in the corner of the tank and looks at the other turtles swimming around....doesnt even bother with the smaller fish (too small, of no interest to him). im still planning on getting one sooner or later, just right now, after the info ive found out, do not have the time to pay for all of the accessories. i was planning on picking up a NOSY BE ice blue panther chameleon instead of this mata mata, but again, currently i just cannot spend the money on either of em, more important things coming into my life right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Mata matas do get to be pretty big, they don't need a whole lot of room in comparison, unless you're trying to breed them. Even in a huge enclosure they'll just pick a favorite nook and spend 90% of their time there. I've had several throughout the years and they are great turtles, totally bizarre. They have a docile temperment and generally slow and easy to handle. One very important thing to keep in mind though is air temperature which should stay a humid 80-82 degrees (even if the water is slightly cooler) while still providing good circulation. These turtles are very prone to respiratory infections if the air is kept too cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they also have a dwarf version of the regular sized mata mata which is prolly the one u r thinking of getting, they are a little rarer and more expensive but still fun and cool, just in case u haven't gotten one yet
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12