0 Thread(s)
    Amazing, what do you feed them all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson16 View Post
    Amazing, what do you feed them all?
    I breed roaches for them to eat. It's free, and I even make some money off those sales too. People need food sources for their reptiles and tarantulas..

Quote Originally Posted by cp-connection View Post
    Beautiful photos. Glamor shots of the spiders make them almost not creepy. Do you make a living selling spiders?
    I try.. I was doing a lot better year before last. I averaged $170K that year.. but I got into an accident and spent 3 months in the hospital. Thus causing me to lose almost all my stock. About this time next year, I should be back into it pretty heavily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like that Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ~ GreenBottle Blue Taran. How much do those go for? I'd like to get one of those one day, lol. Even though I have arachnophobia, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    I breed roaches for them to eat. It's free, and I even make some money off those sales too. People need food sources for their reptiles and tarantulas..

I try.. I was doing a lot better year before last. I averaged $170K that year.. but I got into an accident and spent 3 months in the hospital. Thus causing me to lose almost all my stock. About this time next year, I should be back into it pretty heavily.
    Big time tarantula breeder, you are my type of crowd
    L'imagination est la clé de la logique de la pensée, une plus grande vérité éternelle.
    Me

Formerly Plantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow for those bucks I could start to really love these things too!

Can Tarantulas be kept in a humid jungle vivarium that gets rain (misting) several times a day or will that inhibit their new exoskeleton from curing properly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantea View Post
    Big time tarantula breeder, you are my type of crowd
    Tarantulas are my 2nd true love. Right next to skateboarding.. But in my old age I had to give it up. So, now that I'm retired I have nothing but time to work with the tarantulas.
    And to answer back on last night's chat box discussion.. I don't handle any tarantulas either. With the exception of the Grammostolia & Avicularia familys. They are gentle giants..

Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes101 View Post
    I really like that Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ~ GreenBottle Blue Taran. How much do those go for? I'd like to get one of those one day, lol. Even though I have arachnophobia, LOL.
    They are definately hotties! I could get you a sling for about $45 +shipping. Adults are hard to come by. Since nobody really wants to sell theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your site Amazing stuff! How do you handle a spider that you can't handle or that flicks the hairs? Is there a tool you use?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I love your site Amazing stuff! How do you handle a spider that you can't handle or that flicks the hairs? Is there a tool you use?
    Thank you! I actually don't handle many of my tarantulas. The only ones I do handle are the Avicularias really. And they don't flick urticating hairs per say.. This is the ONLY species that is so gentle and shy, that they press them into your skin. At first you think it's a sign of affection.. seeing your little girl press and rub her butt against you. But a few hours later, you realize she was just being a little !!
    And if your wondering what the reaction to urticating hairs is like.. The best way to explain it is like adding poison ivy and fire. Except it doesn't spread from itching. And it will last a good 2-4 weeks. Here's a pic of what happened to me just from cleaning my Goliath Birdeater's tank. BUT, keep in mind.. I am SUPER sensitive to urticating hairs. And many others are not..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast