What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Tarantula pics

Since I don't have any pics of my plants to share, I figured I'd share one of the things I have plenty pics of.. mushrooms & tarantulas!!

Avicularia fasciculata ~ Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe

100_2605-2.jpg

100_2605copy-2.jpg

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli ~ Tiger Ornamental

100_2537.jpg

Poecilotheria ornata ~ Fringed Ornamental

l_e6237cc471ba2d09c8239d3b0f950b8e.jpg

Breeding pair

100_0057-1.jpg

Poecilotheria miranda ~ Bengal Spotted Ornamental

1-5.jpg

Xenethis immanis ~ Columbian Lesserblack

female-1-1.jpg

Wow. Spiders/tarantulas have never looked so beautiful.

Wow...Like Cap said, wonderful. I've never seen tarantulas so colorful, not even on Nat Geo! That first one is jaw dropping. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!:welcome:

Would you also have a cobalt blue? they are my favorites :) nice Ts!!!!

Would you also have a cobalt blue? they are my favorites :) nice Ts!!!!

Ask and you shall receive..

Haplopelma lividum ~ Cobalt Blue

postmolt4_2-1.jpg

Here's a few other blue beauties..

Poecilotheria metallica ~ Gooty Ornamental

000_0010-1.jpg

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ~ GreenBottle Blue

premolt1-1.jpg

premolt1_1.jpg

Ephebopus cyanognathus ~ French Guyanan Bluefang

postmolt2_2-1.jpg

Wow once again. So I gotta ask, do you need some sort of government license to keep that many tarantulas?

Wow once again. So I gotta ask, do you need some sort of government license to keep that many tarantulas?

lol.. no more than I'd need a license to keep 1200 carnivorous plants. They are just pets.. Cute, furry, little non-lethal pets. They aren't deadly like snakes or scorpions.. So there is no gov. regulation on them. Not unless you try to import/export them.
Feel free to take a look at my website for pics of some of the other species I keep.

Was just wondering because I browsed your great pic link at the bottom and saw that Poecilotheria was venomous. Impressive list but man I'd have to sleep with one eye open with those around LOL

all kinds of things are venomous and not dangerous........atleast if your not allergic to the venom......honey bees are venomous.....

all kinds of things are venomous and not dangerous........atleast if your not allergic to the venom......honey bees are venomous.....

Correct! But humans don't have an allergy to tarantula venom. All tarantulas are venomous, yes. But none at a level that can kill a human. It's to my understanding that there are no recorded deaths in the entire world from a tarantula bite. Australia may be an exception.. I know some of their sp. can really mess you up. But nothing worse than hospitalization. Basically, a tarantula's venom affects our muscular and nerve system. Causing muscle craps and extreme nerve pain for weeks and even month's at a time. Depending on the species of tarantula..

Was just wondering because I browsed your great pic link at the bottom and saw that Poecilotheria was venomous. Impressive list but man I'd have to sleep with one eye open with those around LOL

Funny you should say that.. the collection just got big enough that I had to set up more shelves in my bedroom. Now I've got about 40 or so Pokies (Poecilotheria) around me while I sleep.

if you look there are also no recorded deaths of healthy, adult humans with no allergies to scorpions.....most deaths occur in the third world where the individuals are malnourished.....also alot of the deaths are children that do not have the body mass to deal with the venom.....even the very toxic scorpions are highly unlikely to kill someone my size even without medical attention.....

Very nice, would you happen to have any photos of your whole setup?

Very nice, would you happen to have any photos of your whole setup?

I have a few pics of a couple rooms.. but not the entire gig in one big pic.

Here's the upstairs tarantula room..

l_318849f845aa8444ebe6a7f4f75f55-1.jpg

l_a0ce8d092a92b29b9064a05aa0c915-1.jpg

The back room in the basement.. it's messy, I know. But it's a work in progress.

100_2497-1.jpg

100_2496.jpg

Roach tubs on the right there..
100_2501.jpg

I've got a couple of terrariums and a vivarium in the downstairs livingroom/bar.
100_2504.jpg

Get a couple of egg sacs, and that's what makes your numbers really jump!

100_3366-1.jpg

100_3369.jpg

100_3371.jpg

125 total count from this one sac alone.. I had 4 hatch that month alone.
100_3606.jpg

Squash them all

Beautiful photos. Glamor shots of the spiders make them almost not creepy. Do you make a living selling spiders?

Amazing, what do you feed them all?

Amazing, what do you feed them all?

I breed roaches for them to eat. It's free, and I even make some money off those sales too. People need food sources for their reptiles and tarantulas..

Beautiful photos. Glamor shots of the spiders make them almost not creepy. Do you make a living selling spiders?

I try.. I was doing a lot better year before last. I averaged $170K that year.. but I got into an accident and spent 3 months in the hospital. Thus causing me to lose almost all my stock. About this time next year, I should be back into it pretty heavily.

I really like that Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ~ GreenBottle Blue Taran. How much do those go for? I'd like to get one of those one day, lol. Even though I have arachnophobia, LOL.

I breed roaches for them to eat. It's free, and I even make some money off those sales too. People need food sources for their reptiles and tarantulas..

I try.. I was doing a lot better year before last. I averaged $170K that year.. but I got into an accident and spent 3 months in the hospital. Thus causing me to lose almost all my stock. About this time next year, I should be back into it pretty heavily.
Big time tarantula breeder, you are my type of crowd:-O

Back