What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avic Versicolor "T" first molt

• Thread starter Dodge
  • Start date
Yay! My Avicularia Versicolor sling has finished her first molt for me after having her/him for only 2 weeks :D
Btw, this is my first :T: molt ever :)
This is her/him now.
IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

Just out of curiousity what's a sling? A juvenile megalomorph spider?

Baby spider

spiderling

sling :D

Real adorable in a mass abundance too.. this was a fun egg hatching! 129 total..

100_3334_00.jpg

100_3366.jpg

100_3369.jpg

100_3371.jpg

100_3606.jpg

That last pic is really amazing. How often must you feed each individual (every week)? I can hardly imagine the labor if you have multiple egg cases laid around the same time ... :0o:

At that time I had 4 different sacs hatch out. About 125 slings avg. with each egg sac. Fed every sling individually twice a week. Figure.. 4-6 hours of total labor just feeding the slings alone. That was just about at my peak of breeding.

At that time I had 4 different sacs hatch out. About 125 slings avg. with each egg sac. Fed every sling individually twice a week. Figure.. 4-6 hours of total labor just feeding the slings alone. That was just about at my peak of breeding.

OMG, now there is a full time job :0o:

You have those Geroldi's breeding yet ? :D I want to be at the top of that list.

they are a ways off.. 2 of them did molt last week though! Which makes today feeding day.

OMG, now there is a full time job :0o:

You have those Geroldi's breeding yet ? :D I want to be at the top of that list.

It was my full time job at the time..

I found one of them dead today. It got stuck while trying to molt. May have been my fault for not keeping the humidity a bit higher during this dry spell.

It was my full time job at the time..

I found one of them dead today. It got stuck while trying to molt. May have been my fault for not keeping the humidity a bit higher during this dry spell.

:( sorry to hear that. I hope the other one is doing ok.

:( sorry to hear that. I hope the other one is doing ok.

The other TWO are doing fantastic. Freshly molted and eating just fine.

Back