1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I love them all! That emerald tree boa is my new desktop background

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U. phantasticus are amazing (small and great leaf mimics) but I've given up hopes of finding a pair or trio.

Saw a large black gecko with white eyes,
    Maybe it was the "Black Pearl" Leopard Gecko?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    U. phantasticus are amazing (small and great leaf mimics) but I've given up hopes of finding a pair or trio.
    I swear there's a shop 15 minutes away from me that sells them....last time I saw, they had about 7 in the tank that were twice the size of my hand! They've got those fancy new all-red crabs that people in this forum post about too...vampire crabs or whatever they are..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this shop have an online presence? Are you sure they are Geosesarma sp. "Red" and not more common Tomato Crabs? I've been bombarded with requests for the red Geos on several forums, it'd be nice to be able to hand the people off to someone who has them for those who are too impatient to wait for mine to have babies. Some people really get all offended when you won't sell them some of your critters, it's really something!

Anyway, if the leaf tails you saw were twice the size of your hand I'm guessing they were Uroplatus lineatus the largest species. U. phantasticus is the smallest species maxing out at about 5" long, about perfect size for me but the sikorae would be alright too as they're only a couple inches longer. Both are amazing camouflage experts which is what I like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this shop have an online presence? Are you sure they are Geosesarma sp. "Red" and not more common Tomato Crabs? I've been bombarded with requests for the red Geos on several forums, it'd be nice to be able to hand the people off to someone who has them for those who are too impatient to wait for mine to have babies. Some people really get all offended when you won't sell them some of your critters, it's really something!

Anyway, if the leaf tails you saw were twice the size of your hand I'm guessing they were Uroplatus lineatus the largest species. U. phantasticus is the smallest species maxing out at about 5" long, about perfect size for me but the sikorae would be alright too as they're only a couple inches longer. Both are amazing camouflage experts which is what I like.

Hmm...that shop is like going to the zoo so perhaps I need to take a trip there and write down names of things to tell you about . They have a miniature rooster and a cat twice the rooster's size that have free reign to clean up the crickets and other critters that get loose. The rooster chases the cat around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to find a big shop like that hopefully things are correctly labeled. You wouldn't wanna buy a lineatus for a phantasticus price, but it would be cool the other way round though! LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to find a big shop like that hopefully things are correctly labeled. You wouldn't wanna buy a lineatus for a phantasticus price, but it would be cool the other way round though! LOL
    You know, it's not that big, but it is big for a well labeled, fancy or rare and expensive independent pet store. They've got sea horses and sharks for sale! Both of which I'd love a tank of when I grow up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sea horses would be neat, have they perfected keeping / breeding them in aquariums now? When I was getting into saltwater reefs long ago the consensus seemed to be that sea horses, sea dragons and sea pipes wouldn't live very long cos they weren't totally sure what they would reliably eat long-term in captivity. People would get them to start feeding on certain foods and then they'd suddenly stop and starve themselves to death, ignoring the food they had been eating just a day or two earlier.

A large tank with long kelp grasses and some sea dragons would be an amazing display... Lemme know when you set one up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast