What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new buddy :3

• Thread starter Lucanidae
  • Start date
new_dude_by_seriocomic-d46dckf.jpg

duderrr_by_seriocomic-d46dcsc.jpg

My new green iguana!

I'm working on purchasing or making a permanent enclosure for him soon, as he will outgrow his tank in a matter of months, if not weeks XD

I remember my older brother having one when we were kids. His got to be like 6ft. with the tale. Mean ol' SOB.. didn't like anyone except my brother.

I've been told that they tend to bond with 1 person, even if they are part of a family.
I used to babysit an iguana, she was such a sweetie.

Kyewt!

save time use the whole room as a cage, and get a kiddy pool for it to swim in,supermarkets will give you the vegetable trimmings for free to feed them

I've been told that they tend to bond with 1 person, even if they are part of a family.
I used to babysit an iguana, she was such a sweetie.

SHE being the operative word. Males usually become mean ******** at sexual maturity. There's a reason these guys required dedicated sanctuaries in the 90's.

Still, they can be great, rewarding pets with the right care and considerations. Good luck and have a long, wonderful relationship with your new scaly friend :D Don't be surprised if he's still kicking in 20-30 years. Reports of their life span are grossly underestimated. We had a tagged individual in Panama that was tagged as a battle seasoned adult in the early 80's. Last I heard he's still at it.

Remember to watch the tail! That thing is way more powerful than you'd think :p

What a little cutie! Glad to hear you are already working on a permanent home!

Yeah, a tail-whipping can hurt like a mother -- even draw blood in the case of an adult iggie. Hope you and yours have many happy years together. ;)

That's a handsome iguana.

So cute! I've wanted to get me one of those for quite a while, but you know... space issues. :p

Back