Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another ban attempt

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another ban attempt

I really find the trend in such abject stupidity highly troubling ...

http://www.kingsnake.com/blog/archiv...ct-SB3264.html
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about that
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why we don't need idiots in office. And why I hate the big brother mentality of government.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that is really unfortunate. On the one hand I can understand limiting the ownership of highly venomous snakes to individuals who have proven they are knowledgeable enough to carry a permit which would certify that they are in full capability and understanding of the animals they are owning, but on the other hand, restricting all members of Boidae? That's just pure ignorance and stupidity.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't find it that unreasonable. People can apply for a permit provided that they have the right credentials to have them. IMHO, people should not be keeping venomous snakes or reptiles that could escape and naturalize in native territory. I think a grandfather clause would be good for people who have these pets, but for the most part, I don't think it's a bad law.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only beef with the various rounds of boa / python bans in the past is that they did not discriminate between species that are actually having economic impacts and species that do not. Banning Antaresia is just silly. Banning the sale and breeding of Burmese pythons/Reticulated pythons in zones 6 and higher is necessary. The industry has had 50 years to self-regulate and it has not. These species cause billions of dollars in damage to ecologically sensitive areas.

People want to breed ball pythons when there are hundreds up on craigslist and in reptile rescues? That may be irresponsible, but not a legal issue in my opinion. Red eared sliders, burms, retics, and large boas are a very different issue. Water monitors will soon be on the hit list as well. A nice population of them has been building up around the Hialeah, Fl area. Le sigh.

Whatever happened to the proposed law that any store selling reptiles had to have adult representatives of the species in the store to show Junior's parents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always loved the idea of a permitting system, don't know why that has not been introduced yet...

I always find it funny looking at the lists of banned species, especially the mammal sections. I think if someone wants to put in the effort to get a giant panda they should be allowed to keep it...

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    I don't find it that unreasonable. People can apply for a permit provided that they have the right credentials to have them. IMHO, people should not be keeping venomous snakes or reptiles that could escape and naturalize in native territory. I think a grandfather clause would be good for people who have these pets, but for the most part, I don't think it's a bad law.
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast