User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reptile/Amphibian easy care pets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the Axolotl looks cool, but aquatics can't be for us. Being that we are military we move, a LOT. Since 2006 I've been from Arizona, 2008 to NY, mid 2009 Colorado, late 2011 back to NY.
    Whatever I finally decide on needs to be kind of portable. We have a GMC Yukon XL, we put my husband and I, 4 kids, and 2 German Shepherds (crated behind the 3rd row), then we tow our small car. Small car is usually packed with dog food, our clothes, and anything we might need for 2 weeks until our stuff gets to our new place. Here, we slept on the floor for a week until our furniture got here, haha. The plants end up in plastic totes in the car and it's basically full. I learned the hard way with plants on my first move that they are easily damaged (my poor first pothos didn't make it, it froze, and I had had it for years and years).
    So something that can cope with being in a smaller non-glass container for up to 2 weeks when we have to move and wait for the larger terrarium to get there. Since it would have to go in the truck with the herd.

Just thinking out loud, I don't want to be "that" military family that leaves pets behind when they move due to not having room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like you had better go with a frog of some kind. they can be fine in critter keepers for extended periods
    So many plants...so little time

My grow list:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ody-s-Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Developed by former Hollywood Actor, Richard Van Patton! He also makes some really great vegan dog food...

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/pro...gory=Zoo+Diets
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anoles would also work pretty good there small , eat bugs , and are easy to care for, they live in the wilds of Florida,even in peoples hoses there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natural Balance is a good brand, I feed that or Nutro to my dogs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123