What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More photographs of a Pacific tree frog

The other day I posted some classic white box photographs of a Pacific tree frog. By classic, I mean they featured the animal against a featureless white background. I shot another series of photos for my blog of that same frog, but with a more natural background. I used a pot of soil in which I have been cultivating a miniature garden of moss. The pot is meant as a hanging basket so it is wide and low—perfect as a backdrop for macro photography. All I had to do was put the pot inside the white box and place the frog in the pot. The rest of the set-up stayed the same.

Olympus OM-D E-M5; Zuiko 12-50mm ƒ/3.5-6.3 zoom; manual exposure (F11-16 @ 1/125 sec); Vivitar 283 flash and VP-1 Vari-power adapter (1/16 power); ISO: 200

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

treefrog 3 copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

treefrog 5 copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

My favorite frog... Just the right size and super cute. Sadly, my area (for miles and miles) only has one main color variation of Hyla regilla, which is brown with darker brown spots. I have a couple tadpoles currently, would be cool if I could get a green one. I hear they range from SoCal all the way up to Alaska... They're just to perfect! :)

Great pictures. :)

Love your frog pics!

I get green ones, varying shades of brown ones, and ones with green and brown, wondering if they change color depending on habitat, time of year, or age?

8685586932_19e43fba59.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

^ DJ I think that was supposed to be a private moment :D

I love frogs too, super cute photos.

I hear Southern California has a single population that contains some blue ones. I think each different place along the west coast has a different color... I wonder which color is dominant.

great stuff Ernie

^ DJ I think that was supposed to be a private moment :D

I love frogs too, super cute photos.

great stuff Ernie

My favorite frog... Just the right size and super cute. Sadly, my area (for miles and miles) only has one main color variation of Hyla regilla, which is brown with darker brown spots. I have a couple tadpoles currently, would be cool if I could get a green one. I hear they range from SoCal all the way up to Alaska... They're just to perfect! :)

Thank you everyone!

EC

Love your frog pics!

I get green ones, varying shades of brown ones, and ones with green and brown, wondering if they change color depending on habitat, time of year, or age?

8685586932_19e43fba59.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I hear Southern California has a single population that contains some blue ones. I think each different place along the west coast has a different color... I wonder which color is dominant.

There is a pond not far from my house that is always loaded with tadpoles and adults. It seems like each frog is a different shade of green and brown! They range from bright to drab...all in the same location under the same conditions. But a blue one...now that would be cool!

EC

Here's a dull green one that I found in an aquarium last year...

2jffus0.jpg

And here's the typical brown... This one I grew last year in my GH. This year I'll have a lot more of them. :)

2iv1n4o.jpg

Wonderful!

I hear frogs is a serious hobby. I can't remember the species but some of them are quite expensive. I think it's the poison dart species, not sure though.

Back