Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More photographs of a Pacific tree frog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More photographs of a Pacific tree frog

The other day I posted some classic white box photographs of a Pacific tree frog. By classic, I mean they featured the animal against a featureless white background. I shot another series of photos for my blog of that same frog, but with a more natural background. I used a pot of soil in which I have been cultivating a miniature garden of moss. The pot is meant as a hanging basket so it is wide and low—perfect as a backdrop for macro photography. All I had to do was put the pot inside the white box and place the frog in the pot. The rest of the set-up stayed the same.

Olympus OM-D E-M5; Zuiko 12-50mm ƒ/3.5-6.3 zoom; manual exposure (F11-16 @ 1/125 sec); Vivitar 283 flash and VP-1 Vari-power adapter (1/16 power); ISO: 200

Cheers,
    EC
    www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

treefrog 3 copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

treefrog 5 copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite frog... Just the right size and super cute. Sadly, my area (for miles and miles) only has one main color variation of Hyla regilla, which is brown with darker brown spots. I have a couple tadpoles currently, would be cool if I could get a green one. I hear they range from SoCal all the way up to Alaska... They're just to perfect!

Great pictures.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your frog pics!

I get green ones, varying shades of brown ones, and ones with green and brown, wondering if they change color depending on habitat, time of year, or age?

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ DJ I think that was supposed to be a private moment

I love frogs too, super cute photos.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear Southern California has a single population that contains some blue ones. I think each different place along the west coast has a different color... I wonder which color is dominant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great stuff Ernie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima View Post
    ^ DJ I think that was supposed to be a private moment

I love frogs too, super cute photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    great stuff Ernie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    My favorite frog... Just the right size and super cute. Sadly, my area (for miles and miles) only has one main color variation of Hyla regilla, which is brown with darker brown spots. I have a couple tadpoles currently, would be cool if I could get a green one. I hear they range from SoCal all the way up to Alaska... They're just to perfect!

Great pictures.
    Thank you everyone!

EC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    Love your frog pics!

I get green ones, varying shades of brown ones, and ones with green and brown, wondering if they change color depending on habitat, time of year, or age?

[IMG][/IMG]

Great pictures.
    I hear Southern California has a single population that contains some blue ones. I think each different place along the west coast has a different color... I wonder which color is dominant.
    There is a pond not far from my house that is always loaded with tadpoles and adults. It seems like each frog is a different shade of green and brown! They range from bright to drab...all in the same location under the same conditions. But a blue one...now that would be cool!

EC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast