What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Old Photos from my Reptile/Amphibian Days.

• Thread starter Cthulhu138
  • Start date
I recently found some of the only surviving photos from back when I was a reptile/amphibian breeder. I threw out tons more old pics with my old computer. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway here's some of what's left from the old days......

Rhacodactylus ciliatus

Rhacodactylus chahoua

Rhacodactylus leacheanus henkeli - Bayonnaise

Rhacodactylus leacheanus henkeli - Nuu Ana

Rhacodactylus auriculatus

Very nice. ever work with Uroplatus? Some of the colors on your rhacodactylus remind me of them.

Nephrurus amyae

Neprurus levis levis

Nephrurus (Underwoodasaurus) millii

Diplodactylus vitattus

Diplodactylus galeatus

Eurydactylodes agricolae

Strophurus williamsii

Lygodactylus williamsii

Pristurus carteri

Uroplatus fimbriatus

Uroplatus sikorae

Uroplatus ebenaui

Uroplatus lineatus

Uroplatus malama

Uroplatus phanatsticus

Oophaga pumilio - Bri Bri

Oophaga pumilio - Colon

Oophaga pumilio - Cayo De Agua

Ranitomeya sirensis

Dendrobates leucomelas

Last edited:
Theyre all so cute! Amazing lizards!

Saw a few on there I have never even heard of before. That Pristurus is pretty cool.

I had a U. sikorae once, until the apartment people forgot to give me warning when they were spraying. They were usually pretty good about it, but they forgot once, and I lost him that night.

Pristurus were one of may favorites, very personable. Like a cross between a gecko and a house sparrow, odd and interesting species.

I wasn't sure if he was actually classified as a gecko or not. Looks too un-gecko-like

Yup, they're geckos alright. They run around and peck at food like little scaly birds. Not skittish around people at all and will just go on about their business as your working in their enclosure. The male would even come over and try climbing up my hand.

Nice pictures! I'm not even sure U. malama is around any more.

Your Colon pumilio is really interesting. It looks more like the populations around Isla Pastores. Those color schemes are still fairly underrated.

I'm not sure that U.malama was ever really around. The ones I had came in labeled as "U.ebenuai" which they obviously weren't.

The Colon form is fairly distinct in coloration and size although some of the other green populations do resemble that population. Even some of the frogs from Bastimentos have colors resembling the Colon frogs though, they're much larger.

'Totally enjoyed the photos of the herpetiles. I mean - who doesn't like geckos? Unless, of course, you have a big tokay latched onto your fingers.

Ahhh........ Tokays..... A gecko who's bite is truly worse than it's bark (and they do bark !).

The Pristurus carteri looks like a cartoon character. Seems like something you could drink a beer with.

They WERE like cartoon characters. Really funny little lizards.

Great pics! I always wanted to keep New Caledonian geckos. They are expensive!

Some of them sure can be Don.

Some gorgeous geks you had there, Johnny! Quite the diverse array. Like Jen, there were some I had never even heard of before.

Love the leachies -- the Shar-pei of the gecko world! Too bad they're far and away out of my price range.

The Nephrurus are cute such lil devils.

It's been years since I looked into it, but did people figured out how to breed leaftail geckos? You did mention your "breeding" days.

The photos are great, BEAUTIFUL animals! Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Back