Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: plan to purchase a cham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddriver View Post
    I want to purchase Jackson chameleon. They are mainly recommended as pet chameleons. Frankly speaking reptiles are very hard to keep, but they are so beautiful!

As for the light I decided to install the cheapest florescent lamps https://www.mrosupply.com/search/?q=Florescent

Plants… maybe some special decorative tree?
    Some reptiles are among the easiest pets to keep, but chameleons aren't among them. The difficulty for most people is giving them sufficient humidity while maintaining the good ventilation they require. As far as CP's, large intermediate to highland Nepenthes would work nicely. They need the same conditions, although they would need to be large mature vines to stand up to the foot traffic of the lizards. Chameleons are slow and deliberate in their movements and wouldn't put undue wear and tear on plants, but larger species like Jackson's weigh quite a bit. Imo chameleons are not a suitable first reptile for inexperienced keepers. Geckos such as Cresteds, or the many species of Day Geckos are an easier introduction to herp care.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 11-06-2015 at 04:28 AM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't disagree with anything Subrosa has stated. C.jacksonii and it's subspecies are highland animals requiring cool days and cooler nights. Choose rugged plants like Pothos or Philodendron for the enclosure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I can't disagree with anything Subrosa has stated. C.jacksonii and it's subspecies are highland animals requiring cool days and cooler nights. Choose rugged plants like Pothos or Philodendron for the enclosure.
    I'm a dedicated remover of non natives, but I must admit that of all the aspects of living where a certain eructating entomologist does, the thought of walking out and seeing Jackson's in the shrubbery is among the most appealing......
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    I'm a dedicated remover of non natives, but I must admit that of all the aspects of living where a certain eructating entomologist does, the thought of walking out and seeing Jackson's in the shrubbery is among the most appealing......
    Indeed ! It's really too bad the export of the introduced animals was banned in HI. Those animals were showing up in extremely good condition and relatively parasite free when compared to the Tanzanian imports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12