What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good automatic mister.

curtisconners

Greetings from the netherworld.
Good afternoon, reptile people of terraforums.

My dad rigged up a cooling system for my crested gecko using a squirrel cage fan. It was just put there today and it's not fixed to anything yet, but it's working out pretty well.

Here's the thing, though. It works on evaporative cooling and the tank needs to be misted for that to work and I can't be there to constantly mist the tank when I'm not home. Me and my dad intend to rig up an automatic misting system to the already existing thermostat that I have for my gecko. Which misting systems would be best for this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Is their motor compatible with a thermostat? I've been looking around and saw a timer marked as hygrostat/thermostat, but it didn't mention anything about spraying based off temperature.

I ended up getting the exo terra monsoon and it's great! It's been rigged up to a thermostat and a humidistat and it's working perfectly. My gecko tank looks like a Borg ship :p

Is their motor compatible with a thermostat? I've been looking around and saw a timer marked as hygrostat/thermostat, but it didn't mention anything about spraying based off temperature.

Looks like you already went with the better option (for the size of the tank), but fyi, no, the mistking doesn't care about the temperature at all, only the RH. The smallest pump is also way overpowered for a tank that size. The Exo Terra was a good choice.

Back