What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poisonous snakes

here is a pygmy rattlesnake

IMG_0268.jpg

i will post some more when i have time.

hey thats a real cool looking rattlesnake, i saw a similar looking one in the wild.Very cool!
Kevin

Very nice. I have heard those lil buggers are aggressive. i have only seen 1 venomous herp in the wild, and that was a Pacific Rattler, uh...C.helleri i think.

yes they are aggressive i have tride to catch a couple of them around here but give up after being struck at a couple of dozen times. that one is in captivity at a local garden around here.

They let you buy rattlesnakes? You have to sign any papers because they are venomous? Do you own one GEORGE-CP?

travis

Many places sell venomous herps. Basically you need a permit and other papers as well be over 18 (?). Some go for pretty cheap, as i sometimes see copperheads at gherp.com for like $15. Just a warning, how small they are, they can kill!

no i do not own one. all the snakes at this zoological gardens are in well secured tanks but i have seen and tride to catch a couple of them in my days.

IMG_0278.jpg

this one took me all day to get a picture of it. it knew i wanted a picture so it moved to the back of the cage. it is a female rattlesnake don't remember what kind thu.

Looks like an Eastern or Western D-Back. I have trouble with IDing "hot" herps.

ceph ya it is one of the 2 names you mentioned

Back