Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amphibian vivaruim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    khai, minor over recation there? I'll spell it any way you want.

Yes the ten gallon is horribly small but temporary, the babies will be small fries upon arrival and should be ok untill I can figure out where the heck to fit a 55 in my little condo, (I should've bought a house). If the females become a problem I will adjust or expand, no big deal.

Question I bought this moss at home depot but I'm not sure if it is appropriate. It is labeled as Sagina irish moss, a flowering evergreen.

Does it look okay for the babies?

You're right the mister is way overkill, I saw somebody else had one and immediately built without thinking. O' well it's there if I need it.

As for the N. Gracilis, I'll wait untill the frogs are bigger than the pitchers and then put it in. As far as I know that's about the only nep with itty bitty pitchers.

thanks
    joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go on a different route and suggest Heliamphora. Frogs are often found sitting in the pitchers(I don't think they can catch frogs) and the pitchers will probably benefit from frog poop.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I would love a red/pinkish heli in the tank I'm afraid tincs don't swim, they sink.

joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess but then I rarely do that, so its ok every now and then.

It is my understanding that Irish moss preferes a somewhat cool growing environment.
    Cooler than a terrarium that is.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found that out. Took them back to home depot and offered a trade to our very own purplesundew to negotiate for some compact red moss.

Clock is ticking, in a about a month and a half to two months the babies will be ready for thier new home, I want to ensure that the moss is properly growing and I need to find some vines and small epiphytes for the background. Need help with this since I don't know a Bro-mel-E-ad from a tilandsia. As a matter of fact I actually bought a plant I thought was a Bro-mel-E-ad and it turned out to be something else. I must find good tropical help somewhere.

thanks for the suggestion all,
    joe
    Signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12