Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anoles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the average herper, anoles are usually kept in like 10gallon sized enclosures (Am I right people [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] ). In that situation, Only one male should be kept with anyother female. With very large enclosures (like Ozzy's: was it 5ft high?), there is enough room to set a territory for each male. Females may be added in, BUT the males may induce in combat for the larger female.

Males won't usually kill eachother, but may do so passivly. The larger and dominant male may cause an awful lot of stress to the smaller one, causing weight lose, etc===>death.

To sex anoles, I like to look for a dewlap (The thing Flytrapgrl is talking about).
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

So I've read that it is fine to keep green anole and brown anoles together. Is it really ok? Has anyone tried this? Is there a danger that the two species will interbreed?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they should be fine. For years I had Green Giant(big male greenie), Emerald(female greenie and GG's mate), and Lizzie(sassy little female brownie)together in the same cage and they all did fine. Just don't put a baby greenie with an adult brownie. Brownie's have been known to eat(yes, I said eat)baby greenies. I wouldn't worry about interbreeding between species, because it's rare. But if the species do interbreed, I don't think there would be any danger... why the heck would there be danger I'd love to see that!!!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12