User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting another pet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hey all,
    What r the conditions for raising a puffer fish? Are they easy to raise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By puffer fish, you probably mean the fresh water ones. I have seen them sold as "Number 8 Puffer's" before. They are a tropical fish thats does well in a heated tank. im not sure what temps, etc, maybe others can place more info? Thanks
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

What about the salt water types?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to own a salt water puffer fish and a black and white Eal there really kool looking I paid 60 bucks for the puffer and he was about 6 inches long .They eat shrimp and need warm water all the time .

If your going to go into salt water rember you need a very powerful filter system Mine cost 250 bucks for a filter for my 60 gal tank .Dont think any old fresh water filter will work it wont.

The best thing you can do it go to a store that deals with salt water fish and tell them everything you have and they will tell you what you need .

I no longer have salt water because I found it to much to deal with fresh water fish are allot more easy but theres nothing like salt water fish with all the color they have.

_-West-_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

What r the differences between salt and fresh water puffer fish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh water isn't exactly true - most are brackish water fish, needing a little salt in the water. My mom had a green spotted puffer (brackish/fresh water) for a year. They need warm temperatures and brackish water, and regularly need hard food (snails, freshwater (feeder) shrimp, feeder guppies), or else their teeth will grow to long and can kill them. They're not particularly hard to keep, but can be messy, and so need a good filter. I'd recommend the brackish water species over the saltwater, but it can still be a pain. Also, many will nip the fins of other fish (and even take bites out of them), and some species cannot even be kept with others of their own kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you said puffer fish you mean BLOW FISH right ? The ones who blow up like a baseball when something gose after them ?

I ask this because I have never seen a blow fish in anything but salt water .

_-West-_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't both the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast