What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My turtle has fungus on his neck

I have 2 baby turtles that are only about 2 inches and 1 of them has fungus on the botton of its neck . i don't know what to do , I was thinking about adding salt but if he drinks the water it won't be good for him and if I buy fish medicne I don't know if it would since it is a turtle not a fish . I not sure what type of turtle it is , it is the common ones you see in the petstores these days and i think the name for them is red eared soemthin or terrapin , i'm not sure . what do i do about his fugus .

A rather common fungus called Shell Rot. Bring to vet ASAP. Home remedies usually fail to stop the growth. go to kingsnake.com and go to the aquatic turtle forum and ask for assistance.

Go to the vet right now,to keep this from happening again I think you should try Dr.turtle pop it in every once in a while to make sure you don't get any more fungus.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ Feb. 10 2003,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...fungus on the botton of its neck .[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Reminds me of one of my aunts (may she rest in peace).
wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dyflam @ Feb. 11 2003,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (goldtrap2690 @ Feb. 10 2003,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...fungus on the botton of its neck .[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Reminds me of one of my aunts (may she rest in peace).
wow.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

well heres an update about him , we have not brought him to the vet , he will not eat , he sleeps most of the time and he still has fungus , are there any remedies i can do .

Man, you didn't bring it to a vet? Bring it asap, might cost ya, but atleast you saved a life. There is no convient remdies for "shell rot", but if you talk to a vet, he/she can lead you to the right way. Shell rot can be prevented by having a clean terria and by making sure the filter is working well.

Back