Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bulb question for iguanas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    Over the weekend I purchased two reptisun bulbs (at $39 a pop&#33. Did I get ripped off? I mean, are these bulbs really any good? I want to avoid calcium and vitamine D deficiency, and I don't get too much true sun.

Needless to say, I found out BOTH bulbs were broken when I got home! So I have to return them anyway. Just figured I check with you guys before I went to I can either get my $ back, or trade them in for new ones that actually work.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that these bulbs work very well in larger enclosures for iguanas, boas, pythons, large turtles/tortises, etc. How big is your iguana and its enclosure, and can we see some pics?!
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's a little over a foot long at this point...she should be bigger, I think, since she's getting close to two years old...but she doesn't eat much. Can't figure out why. Anyway, she's in a 75 gallon aquarium.

I have pics, but I don't have a way to post (no website).
    I can send them to someone, if they want to post them here for me.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post them for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iggies are durnial baskers that need adaquete UV to stay healthy and not go lethargic. I would use ReptiSun 5.0 or even ReptiSun 8.0 for an iguana (i use 5.0 for my Bearded Dragon). Other then that, you would need a basking light for that natural heat. Just use any light bulb that can give off a good amount of heat (I use a 75Watt for the bearded dragon, along with the uv). Good luck.

PS: Shop around for the lights. Various online stores have them for cheap, plus shipping is cheap.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks!! You guys saved me $$!

I found them for $16.99 (plus shipping, of course), so I got almost two for one over what I paid at Petco. Boy...Petco is gonna hear it from me! The nerve! charge more that twice what you can find them for (not counting shipping, but I won't tell them that part), and then sell me BROKEN MERCHANDICE?! I'll not have it!

All fired up.....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!