Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about getting a pair of dart frogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope you pick a cool morph of D. Auratus, if you don't want a shy type, you should try the D. Leucs, they are bueatiful, bold frogs, that have a bueatiful call. You should check out some more morphs, people recommend to start off with D. Auratus and D. Leucs, but having conversation with many people I'm starting off with D. Imitators and D. Azuerus, they are very pretty and I just think they are fabolous creatures =D. HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auratus tend to be less shy in a more humid environment...so I would suggest hooking a humidifier up to the viv on an automatic timer or something to keep it nice and damp for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the morph to how shy they are IMO. I have Costa Ricans green and black auratus and they aren't shy at all.They even come to the side of the tank I'm on at feeding time. I have some kahlua and cream auratus that are shy but if I sit in front of the tank after I feed them they come out but they sure hate sudden movements,they will hide as soon as I get up.Any morph of auratus is a great frog to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Mark W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12