Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Betta fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    carnivorous23 I agree with allmost everything your saying . I just had a prob with saying its a must. I do think the fish wold do better in some cases but my friends had his fish for 3 years his fish looks great he has the fish in a 5 gal tank with no filter at all . I cant see his fish being any more happy then he has it now . A must means the fish will die with out one wich is not allways the case .

And I dont know if you know this or not but at stores like pets smart that keep fish that are on a filter system have a high rate of getting parasites and disease from the feeder fish they sell that are raised under terrible conditions .They use the same system to filter all there water and can care less about the fish they would rather save money on a filter for parasites and disease . Iv learned this at the pond forum I go to. People have lost there big money kio fish due to introducing fish from pets smart and big stores like them ..So rember just because the store has the fish on a filter system dont mean the fish will be in great health .

_-West-_

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know... Some people are just beyond all help, I find it amazing that even after being faced with close to 20 other posts that say one thing still there are those that will try to argue against it ... and pulling up websites is not going to prove your point any. I can point you to 3 (yes, that's right 3) websites that give you detailed instructions on how to make a "Bonsai Cat" (Involves a kitten and a quart jar). I will not post these websites as what they support is not only cruel, it is blatantly evil.

As for my not knowing what I am talking about... well.. choose to believe that if you wish, I have a degree in ichtiology that would say otherwise.

I could go into a detailed description of all the reasons why filtration is a must, and the various kinds of filtration, as well as the rather stomach turing internal infections discovered post mortem that have "mysteriosly" killed fish that appeared in the peak of health, however; since you seem to be incapable of grasping the simplest of concepts. I will save everyone else the boredom of reading such a long post.

I will however change my previous statement of "when you have a clue" to this... When you have the mental capacity and personal experience to make an informed statement, I will wholeheartedly welcome your input. Until then, keep your grieviously missinformed babbling to yourself. You are doing more harm than good.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 post all saying the same thing? Its a real shame that some people don't know how to count nor read. He has not yet posted at http://petfish.net/cgi-bin....5819493 because he knows every one there disagrees with him.

Some people cant handle when someone has different opinions then them they have to go all off and make very rude statements just like a communist.

Lets look shall we at the 2 post. even the rude one that started this .
    ----------------------------------
    Maehem - West... when you have a clue what you are talking about then you can argue... until then... don't bother saying anything.
    --------
    This was the first post this communist made to me yet I did not say a word to him. As you can see very rude and hate full comment .

--------
    When you have the mental capacity .... keep your grieviously missinformed babbling to yourself.
    -------------------------------
    What can I say about this it speaks for its self .

Its funny how someone who cant spell grievously or misinformed can have the nerve to make statements like that to someone he don't even know .

Well that's all I have to say. I rest my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maehem, I talked to the people who created Bonsai Cat. It is a joke, plain and simple. They really don't support anyone taking it seriously, and at the time it was created, did not believe anyone would. Im not sure if that has changed, I truly hope it hasn't.

Anyways, this topic seems to be something a lot of people (myself included) seem to feel very strongly about. I think it's something we'll (myself included here) need to be careful about comments about in the future, as it is starting to become a bit of an argument. I think we should at least try and tone it down a bit, as it isn't accomplishing much right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

(RANT ?)

This topic was started by someone that I "assumed" was new to keeping bettas, and possibly new to keeping fish altogether. In my reply, I answered with what I considered to be "ideal" answers for someone keeping a new Betta. Those of us that have been involved with keeping pets for a decent length of time know that we can sometimes get away with doing things that are less than ideal. But we also understand why we can get away with doing this things. (ie. if no filtration, keep more plants to keep the water healthy) IMO, we should always offer the "ideal" advice to newbies, and not offer them a number of other possibilities that will only serve to confuse them at this stage in their learning.

The subjects of space, diet, filtration, and water conditioners have all been debated a hundred times before, and we aren't going to settle any of them here. While a good discussion involving opposing viewpoints can sometimes be informative and maybe even fun, the "I'm right, you're wrong." nature of the replies posted here are frustrating, a little hard to understand, and aren't helping anyone.

Another personal annoyance I have with some of these posts is the inordinate number of web page links offered. The person who said that you can find alot of <crappy> sites supporting any view point is right. Offering one link to a site discussing a subject in detail is acceptable, but if you really feel that 3-4 sites have to be offered to explain your position, don't you think it might be more expedient to write a paragraph or two explaining your ideas yourself? Why should someone asking a question (or even an opponent you're trying to convince) have to sift through a number of contradictory web sites to find out what he wants/needs to know?

And please, derogatory comments aimed at people with differing opinions on the net is so passer...

Let's try to remember that we are trying to inform folks, and not show them how perfect we are in our knowledge. None of us is.

(END RANT)

Take care!

Chris

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi carnivourus,

I know bonsai cat was a joke... any rational person would see that... unfortunately it spawned sites from people who didn't see it as a joke... yet again an unfortunate side effect of the the internet.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give all of my fish tap water. will it kill my pacu and danios and tetras? I need to know soon so my fish don't die! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Nov. 08 2002,11:51)
    I give all of my fish tap water. will it kill my pacu and danios and tetras? I need to know soon so my fish don't die! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    Yes it will in most citys .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast