Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Betta fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHEW...I JUST READ MY "STRESS COAT" bottle AND IT STATES THAT IT TAKES OUT CLORINE! WHEW!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    everyone,
    stop arguing about this stuff! think of it! you are
    becomeing enemies over bettas! everyone has their own way
    of doing things, take cps for exsample (SP?) I have talked to
    peole who grow cps and some say they grow nep. maxi. in
    lowland conditions, and they grow humongo pitchers! some
    say they grow them in the perfect highland conditions, and
    they grow humongo pitchers! you see, everyone has their
    own way of doing things, and most work perfectly. they "try" stuff to help people cultivate things better. people
    who grow bettas in cups have done it because they have
    had sucsess in it. some grow them in 10 gal. tanks cause
    they have had sucsess with it. they do what they think
    works best for the creature they are cultivating. we shouldn't "yell" what we think is best for them.
    (DO I MAKE ANY SENSE?)

Spectabilis73 [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Red face

I got today a new Betta in a 5 gallon tank and no filter. Poor thingy.. it appears to be so sad in that 8 oz. glass, is not even a bowl, but you guys must need to think about the newbies like me who dont know a thing about bettas. Think more about the fish than : "my opinion is the more important thing and I want to show them all". Guess what.. I am not really interest in a: "who is wrong or not". I am interest in my new fishy. Someone rational tell me if I need a filter of not, thinking about my fish. And also is the tap water conditioner the ideal thing to use, is called Novaqua?..
    Thanks a lot
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi melissa
    if i was you id go to page 1 of this topic
    and use the link on the 2 post
    go to that forum for bettas you will get your answer there [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for all ppk who take care of bettas ,a rowanas , flowerhorns , cihlids , catfish , saltwater fishes , pirhanhas and other fish , they're r to website you should check out arofanatics tells u alot of info about bettas , the ppl they no alot and I mean alot .I have bred bettas and grown them a while a gave up for a couple fo months but a few days ago i began the hobby again .bettas don't really need to live in anything more then a galon . they live in asia in the rice paddies and they live in small lil holes the size of a cup thats why they sell them that way .it's a good thing to put them in bigger things becuz they will inhale the crap in that small cup , the sad thing is that some petstores don't feed the bettas becuz they hav no time .petstores sell conditioners specially for bettas so you can use that . from my experiance the water you use for them has to be aged .they do not need a heater but the temp must be kept at room temperature . they r a good begginers fish cuz they don't eat to mucha dn don't get big like goldfish .tap water is not good for fish it will kill them cuz it is full of salts and the ph is to high . for co grower were luck , to drop the ph and make the water acidic to make your troical fished happen take pet moss and , boil it and put it through a strainer .the color of the water will m out less stress on fish ( it makes them feel like there at home ) and it lowers ph . for light its just like plants , you give more light they get more color , i broguht a really ugly bettas that had really grey brownish color to it , 3 months later live near a source of light helooks like the beautifullest betta you've evers een with lots of red and blue an dsome green . any more quetions ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi goldtrap 2690
    your right i just did not want to start this all over again [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    that is why i did not reply before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey ppl keep yo anger down , this is aplce where we learn and comment on not a cuart where I have to act as judge jusy or jusdge mathis . be nice remember the rules , and remember that we can be banned . not i really like the way you debate this bucuz we all have different oppinions but we don't want any fights , if that person wants to keep his fish in a small cup like there natural habitat then let them be but if a person wants to keep it in a 3 gallon let them be . for those ppl who want to know more I know experts in the forum you can eneter in they have very good advice , www.arofanatics.com , they will help u . my oppinion is that bettas are carnivores and territorial thats why they live in there own puddles in asia , the petstore keeps them in those lil cups becuz that there habitat , now we all know and should know that territorial fish like to guard where they live and don't move much , only to deffend there territory . i think you understand now . about filtration yes , either you put them in a 1 gallon tank with filtration or you keep them in the lil cups and change the water every week . about the water , any fish , all fish , you'll have to age the water or by the putting conditioners in .all fish need filtration , y , even in the wild the current in the streams come by a sweep the river or what ever to make it clean . now no more fights , we don't want this to be usa vs. ahganistan ok . ppl hav ther ways , we can't all be the same .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next about betta food , please do not feed them the feeder fish you buy at the petstore for a buck for 15 , they are nothin but and they they may carry diseases , we know they are carnivores but they r not healthy , for live food you should feed them are bugs of all types especially crickets , they bring to color out for all fish , but i prefer shrimp for my bettas , beefheart , krill , worms , squids , any meat that has not fat . the most healthiest thing to feed fish is pellets and flakes , they have all the things i said all grinded up into lil flakes or pellets . beware of some pellets that speciflly say they enchance color and other fish food , they might contain some hormones that r lethal to fish causing there internal organs might get messed up . you can feed them almost everything but the food you feed them should not be fatty and make sure that thw wild things you catch have not been sprayed with insecticides cuz it will eventually kill your fish it's best to feed things from the petstore . I have an arowana fish witch is a true carnivore to me and I never feed it feeder fish and toehr crap , soon I start feeding it rats .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mosquito larva and live blood worms are best [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast