Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Leopard Gecko Caresheet

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I recommended the crushed walnut shells for leos, since they are carnivores, not herbivores or omnivores.. I can see how it would be harmful to them, since they are much more likely to ingest it than leos are.

The baby leo.. I'd say try feeding him/her baby crickets for now, but mealies are OK. Try finding the smallest mealies you can get. Nothing more than 1/4 the size of his/her head.

A calcium dish is an immensely helpful thing at his stage of life right now.. yes, a jar cap or something similar halfway filled with calcium-fortified cricket dusting powder.. change it and replace with fresh powder when/if it gets full of sand (Autumn gets sand in his by walking through it alot).

I don't believe it's possible to sex him/her at such a young age.. might wanna let him/her mature a little, and then try.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can say I have a lot of experence breeding and keeping leopard geckos and the only substrates I
    would ever use are:
    1-Fine grain sand NEVER calci sand as it forms clumps when it gets wet and can cause impaction. ( also do not use sand as a substrate for young geckos as they are more vurnreble to empaction)
    2-Slate/ceramic tile, easyer to clean than sand and more decrative than paper towel/newspaper.
    3-Paper towel/newspaper, (I know it may sound wierd but most breeders use it) it is easy to clean and safe.
    You have to think were geckos come from would there be crushed walnut shells in the desert of the middle east were they come from?
    No there would be sand and rocks. (lol I know.... there would be no paper towels either)
    If you are interested in keeping leopard geckos I sugggest that you go to some of these site and look around:
    www.geckoforums.net (best reptile forum for gecko lovers)
    www.goldengategeckos.com (great caresheets)
    http://www.arav.org/USMembers.htm (vets have to have a certain degree to treat reptiles this site list a bunch of certified herp vets)

And your caresheet needs pictures of what leos look like first pic my breeder male second pic breeder female (both taken when I lived in arizona) and last pic a baby.

I can not seem to get my pictures to work, so you will have to go to here and look around:
    http://www.geckoforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18
    Last edited by geckoman; 12-21-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: update
    Join the Florida Carnivorous Plant Society today!
    My tiny growlist and Big want list. Check out growlist for trade!

dude...cut down stream not across radjess331's Avatar
    Redlands, Sanbernardino County, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also so should provide them with a moist hide. A small container with an easily removable lid filled with vermiculite then moisted. It is necessary for when they are shedding. Also if you have a deeper container with the vermiculite in it....when the females need to lay eggs she will lay them in their....
    PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radjess331 View Post
    Also so should provide them with a moist hide. A small container with an easily removable lid filled with vermiculite then moisted. It is necessary for when they are shedding. Also if you have a deeper container with the vermiculite in it....when the females need to lay eggs she will lay them in their....
    Very true! I have a wet hide for mine, just forgot to post that!
    Join the Florida Carnivorous Plant Society today!
    My tiny growlist and Big want list. Check out growlist for trade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12